PDA

View Full Version : 2 week cut/carb depletion help

furious
10-26-2004, 10:27 AM
Hey,

I am planning a 2 week carb depletion/cut in preparationfor a photoshoot and I had a few questions.

1. Would a carbup after prolonged depletion help to make my muscles look fuller and avoid the "flat" appearance brought on by depleted muscle glycogen. If so, how long before my shoot should I reintroduce carbs and in what proportions?

2. I plan to use taxatrone to shed bodily water prior to the shoot. How long before should I begin to cut sodium and introduce the taxatrone for optimal results.

3. Would taking glutamine be helpful in preserving mass during carb depletion?

I appreciate any advice/answers you can provide. I hope to hear from you soon.

SalahG
10-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Hey,

I am planning a 2 week carb depletion/cut in preparationfor a photoshoot and I had a few questions.

1. Would a carbup after prolonged depletion help to make my muscles look fuller and avoid the "flat" appearance brought on by depleted muscle glycogen. If so, how long before my shoot should I reintroduce carbs and in what proportions?

2. I plan to use taxatrone to shed bodily water prior to the shoot. How long before should I begin to cut sodium and introduce the taxatrone for optimal results.

3. Would taking glutamine be helpful in preserving mass during carb depletion?

I appreciate any advice/answers you can provide. I hope to hear from you soon.
1. Yes, that carb up will make your muscle fill up pretty nicely. Just remember, don't go too overboard on your carbload. Start the carb load 48 hours before your shoot, start with High GI carbs, and slowly end to Low GI carbs.

2. 3 days before the shoot start depleting water. This worked well when I was a wrestler.

3. Preservation in mass is simple, moderate protein, high fat, and keep the volume low with high intensity. Just monitor yourself through your strength levels, and what you look like.

Most importantly, caloric deficit is the bottom line! Good luck :D

Vido
10-26-2004, 03:51 PM
1. The carbload would give your muscles that "full" appearance, provided it's done correctly. The problem is everyone is different, and to be playing around with various carbload strategies before a photoshoot isn't the brightest idea. You should have tried this previously, when the results didn't matter.

2. I don't know anything about drying out, so I'll leave this to the others.

3. Glutamine is generally a waste of money. I've heard good things about G-Plenish on elite, but if I'm not mistaken that costs an arm and a leg. When it comes to preserving mass, the most important thing imo is to keep strength up. For example, If you've been squatting 300 lbs for the past few months and all of a sudden you start doing 280 lbs for the same number of reps, of course your legs are going to shrink.