PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to my world!

Wannabetone
10-26-2004, 09:30 PM
After four years of college I have come to the realization that I have a lot of work to do on me. Unfortunately drinking on a regular basis was not the best decision I made but now I'll have to work a lot harder to get back to where I used to be. I've already started watching my caloric intake and I want to get back into circuit training. If anyone has any advice for me it is welcomed, I'm not really sure where the best place for me to start would be. And if there is another place I should be posting this let me know. My goal is 40 lbs and a tone body. Thanks ya'll!

Breakfast:
Nutri-Grain Bar (Strawberry) 140 cals
Minute Maid Orange Juice 12 fl oz 140 cals
Total Breakfast 280 cals

Lunch:
California Cobb Salad 150 cals
Low Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette 40 cals
V8 Splash Citrus Blend 16 fl oz 220 cals
Total Lunch 410 cals

Dinner:
Deluxe Stir-Fry 2 & 1/4 cups 75 cals
White Rice 1 cup 320cals
V8 Splash Citrus Blend 16 fl oz 220 cals
Total Dinner: 615 cals

Snack:
Saltine Crackers (10) 120 cals
Total Snack: 120 cals

Total for today: 1425 cals

ryuage
10-27-2004, 05:54 AM
you're in the right place. good luck with your goals.

Wannabetone
10-27-2004, 07:48 PM
Thanks ryuage, I appreciate the support! Here's what today looked like for me!

Brunch:
3 Frozen Blueberry Waffles (No Syrup) 300 cals
1 cup 2% Milk 120 cals
Total Brunch: 420 cals

Dinner:
Chicken Pot Pie 370 cals (I know it's bad but my roomie made it for us)
2 cups of 2% Milk 240 cals
Total Dinner: 610 cals

Total for the day: 1030 but I have yet to go out tonight - Ladies Night!

Cardio:
45 minute mild run around EIU Campus

Oh yeah and yesterday - 30 mins (mostly sprinted) around town in the rain - it's the best way to do it!

Hopefully I will be starting up the new circuit training routine soon. I need to get a new circuit in the works first - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm also planning on taking Slim System Seven (Fat Burner) if anyone has a better suggestion on a good fat burning product - my ears are open. Thanks ya'll!

ryuage
10-28-2004, 06:23 AM
generic ec works maybe some green tea

www.1fast400.com

vasoprop + caffeine + gt = thermogenic (fat burner stack)

_-_v_-_
10-28-2004, 01:10 PM
It would help if you were to get your diet in better order, I think.

Browse the site; there are some great resources here.

Best of luck, and congrats on making the effort!

daveywave
10-28-2004, 05:14 PM
http://images.bimmerforums.com/smilies/needpics.gif

orbital
10-28-2004, 07:08 PM
Agreed with V. That amount of protein and probably overall calories is much too low for any kind of workout routine to be very successful. You should have a look at some of the nutrition and training articles around the site.

bigzak2136
10-29-2004, 03:19 AM
remember wannabetone is a female

Shane
10-29-2004, 04:01 AM
Welcome to journal land. You should post what you're doing for your strength training routine. Good luck with your journal man!

_-_v_-_
10-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Females need protein too.

Wannabetone
10-29-2004, 01:33 PM
Hey everyone! Thanks for all of the replies and your suggestions, this is the only way that I will learn right? Anyways in response:

- v - : I'm trying to get on a better diet but college doesn't make it easy. Hopefully things will get easier - dorm food sucks for you and I graduate in December so hopefully things will be a lot better by then.

orbital : What is a good amount of protein? Through the research that I have done today I found that an ideal amount would be 1 gram for every pound of bodyweight, does that sound right? And as a beginner 40% of my diet should be protein - I thought this sounded high.

shane : Just so you know I am a female and I am currently in the process of getting a circuit training program together. I'm looking to lose weight and tone my body - not gain muscle weight. Hopefully I will have it ready by some time next week but until then I have to keep up with my cardio.

Pics will be posted shortly - thanks for the reminder Dave! LOL

Yesterday - 5 mile run (around 50 mins) not my best considering I used to run track in high school. :cry:

Thanks again! My diet will be posted later today from yesterday!

orbital
10-29-2004, 07:02 PM
orbital : What is a good amount of protein? Through the research that I have done today I found that an ideal amount would be 1 gram for every pound of bodyweight, does that sound right? And as a beginner 40% of my diet should be protein - I thought this sounded high.

1 gram for every lb of BW is generally what the science says and what most BB'ers here and elsewhere will tell you. So yes, aim for that. %40 is probably higher than you will need but it depends on how many calories you are taking in, which depends on what your goals are. Try tracking your calories on www.fitday.com Have things like chicken breast for dinner, thats 57 grams of protein right there! tuna, eggs, milk etc.

Ğragons
10-30-2004, 01:10 AM
hey nothing wrong with drinking once a week or so :P
anyway good luck

ps. if ur female, dont post bikini pics, the lads here cant handle it :p

ryuage
10-30-2004, 08:18 AM
waiting on dem pics there!