PDA

View Full Version : numbness tingling and a litlte trap shoulder ?

BlingMeter
10-27-2004, 08:00 PM
iv noticed recently myleft hand gets a little numb when i am at the computer. and i got these new gloves about a month ago they have this foam inside of em like the bed. when i do my workouts my left hand only gets the weird feeling. my pointy, middle and ring finger get a little numb. i can pinch it and it hurts but i can still feel it. and on the shoulder press and the top 30% before i decent i get the tingling feeling in the left hand. nothin hurts though.

now to the trap shoulder ?

monday i did the flat bench press and when i was doing 285 i lost a little form and instead of the bar being over my nipple area it moved about 3" up towards my face. i stil benched i just corrected. now kinda where the back of the trap meets the shoulder its a little pain. i hope this is just a strain?

my my left arm feels funny lol.

Adam
10-27-2004, 08:09 PM
are you right or left handed?
either way try taking 1-2 weeks off lifting heavy at the gym. Instead of benching 285x5 do like 205x10 or 185x12

BlingMeter
10-27-2004, 08:23 PM
i am left handed. at most thinks. some things i am righty.

i bowl right handed but throw and write with my left.hmm

well i gotta keep up the heaving lifting until nov 8th. cause thats my 315 bench attempt. iv been waiting for this for a few months now.

RichLockyer
10-27-2004, 09:55 PM
An issue/impingement with the radial nerve, which tracks down the midpoint between bi and tri below the delt, can cause symptoms in the fingertips. When I was getting my tats, every time the needle passed over the spot just below the "point" of my delts I'd feel it as if the needle were actually on my fingertips... really strange.

I would suspect that your bulking with the heavy weights is causing the nerve to be pinched by the muscles, but it could also be soft tissue damage in the shoulder, as rotator cuff injuries can manifest symptoms that are confused with carpal tunnel syndrome.

I'd see a doc and have an MRI run, but the doc is going to tell you to lay off the lifting to see if it resolves.

BlingMeter
10-28-2004, 01:40 AM
lol geez i must be falling apart. doc this doc that. lol maybe in 6 months i will. job ended from seasonal so i gotta find a new one, health insurnace or no doc for me. hope i last 6 months. ill be cuttin an inch off next week ill start! DAM U BODY CANT U KEEP UP WITH ME!!

RichLockyer
10-28-2004, 01:55 AM
Dude... you're only 20. Wait 'til you're 40 and you get those twinges and pains getting out of bed in the morning, and wondering if that cracking sound in your shoulder during your mil press was something to worry about or just a sign that you need an oil change :D

BlingMeter
10-28-2004, 02:04 AM
i already have lower back pains when i get outta bed. and my shoulders do crack in the beginning as well as my elbows!

i wonder if jiffy lube can lube me up ;)

Blob
10-28-2004, 02:10 AM
Do you work on computers a lot? Sounds like Carpal Tunnel syndrome. I suffer from it myself. According to my doc it is a nerve being trapped on the join of the radius and ulna bones in the forearm right on the wrist.
Caused by excessive use of a mouse or keyboard. An op can fix it if its serious enough.
Does cause interesting times on presses though, feels like your grip is failing.

Titanium_Jim
10-28-2004, 02:24 AM
Do you work on computers a lot? Sounds like Carpal Tunnel syndrome.

:withstupi It's a possibility. Do you have a family history of carpal?

BlingMeter
10-28-2004, 02:36 AM
no history what so ever but i sit at the computer just about every second of the day. maybe i should stop.