PDA

View Full Version : Halfdog's Quest For Definition

HalfDog
10-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Started diet on Sunday, cardio only the rest of this week.

10 week diet

2400 cals - 160g protein, 320g carb, 53g fat
will adjust cals and cardio as time goes on

Starting Monday - 3 days with weights (HIT style), 3 days cardio to start

stats
weight: 173
bf site measure: 7-10
waist: 34
hips: 40.25
chest: 43.5
biceps: 14 7/8

Don't have any specific goals for weight, want waist to 32 and hips to be smaller, and just look cooler :cool:

ryuage
10-28-2004, 06:30 AM
lookin good, good luck with the goals... you are still looking pretty lean.

HalfDog
10-29-2004, 02:02 PM
Did 20 min cardio today, missed yesterday because I'm sore and lazy.

Diet ok

HalfDog
10-31-2004, 12:43 PM
No cardio this weekend, lack of sleep. It begins for real tomorrow

Weight: 171
Waist: 33.5
hips:40
bf: 7-10

HalfDog
11-01-2004, 09:02 PM
Boxing for about half an hour

diet on track

HalfDog
11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Finally back in the gym after a week and a half layoff...felt great

just for fun I measured my left bicep warm when I got back home, 15.25.

diet is ok, I just need to start preparing more food in advance to make it easier on myself. Does anyone know how long brown rice and beans will stay good for in the fridge after you cook them?

HalfDog
11-03-2004, 03:56 PM
30 min cardio today - 20 min at 80% plus 10 min warmup/cooldown

HalfDog
11-06-2004, 09:27 AM
went to the gym on thursday for my usual workout, and did boxing yesterday.

I went out last night and drank slightly more than I wanted to, which is gonna be on my mind for the rest of the day, which means I will probably be stricter than necessary.

About to go to the gym, last workout before day off on Sunday.

HalfDog
11-07-2004, 08:29 AM
bad weekend for the diet, I was a bad boy.

As punishment I will cut carbs down to 280, making 2200 total calories, and not as many carbs after the workout. Real cardio 4 times this week.

weight: 172
bf cal. measure: 6.5-9.55
waist: 33.25-33.5
hips: 40.5
chest: 42.5
arms: 14 7/8

I also seem to be developing another round of exertion headaches, it happened the exact same way last time, I had taken a week off from the gym, and then the last day of the week I go back I push myself on squats, and my head starts pounding for the rest of the day. I feel I'm gonna have to take some time off from the gym till they go away, hopefully I can still do cardio. One thing that is slightly different this time is that I got really dizzy as I lay down to go to bed last night, felt like the room was spinning, even when I closed my eyes, and felt slightly the same way when I woke up this morning.

HalfDog
11-08-2004, 07:36 PM
10 minutes of jumping rope before class

30 min bike at 80%hr + 10 min warmup and cooldown

diet on track at about 2200 calories, not feeling deprived at all. I'm debating skipping the gym tomorrow morning to let my head rest, although I did not feel bad at all pedaling hard on the bike.

HalfDog
11-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Head pain was still there at the gym this morning, I took it light and hardly went to failure on any of the exercises...this is very annoying, I'll probably take the rest of this week off from the gym and just do light cardio.

HalfDog
11-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Jumped rope for about half an hour today, my timing is terrible.

diet good.

Tomorrow only some biking perhaps until the head pains stop.

savdout209
11-10-2004, 10:44 PM
jumping rope kicks ass..jogging while jumping rope kicks more ass. journal's looking good man..get well soon and get jo ass back in the gym ;)

HalfDog
11-14-2004, 03:25 PM
Yeah, I've just started the jump rope very recently, and I'm really liking it.

I believe I did some more jump rope on friday for half an houe.

Tried the gym yesterday (sat), and started with bench, pushed it hard on the bench and got a slight headache on the last set, took it easy for the next few exercises, and finished the rest of my workout without much of a problem, but I didn't really go to failure on too many of them.

Diet has been good. Saturday I took the first day off in three weeks and ate a lot. Tried to eat a scone, which was delicious, but felt guilty and could only eat half...but I still ate a ton of food. I'm starting to too see a few small changes here and there.

HalfDog
11-15-2004, 09:16 PM
Sunday was day off, diet was pretty good

did about an hour of boxing/jumping rope, but it was not continuous, but still felt tired as **** after...slight head pains but I feel they are getting better...can't decide if I should go to the gym tomorrow or rest.

diet is perfect.

Hockey66
11-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Looking good man..

Just an idea where you get where you want as of weight/body fat/waist if you want a little mor definiton try getting rid of some of the hair.

HalfDog
11-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Yeah, I've thought about that...but right now it seems more hassle than it's worth...I'm not modeling or anything.

Couldn't get to the gym this morning cause I overslept, and went at 5...let's just say I'm not gonna make that mistake again. I always forget how ridiculously crowded the gym gets here around that time. Had a good workout, only very minor head issues. Took some measurements this morning that I was pretty pleased with.

Weight: 170.5
Waist: 32.5
Hips: A little over 40

savdout209
11-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Yeah, I've thought about that...but right now it seems more hassle than it's worth..
You can say that again.

Whats up with the headaches man? thats not cool..glad to hear they're getting better though

Hockey66
11-16-2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I've thought about that...but right now it seems more hassle than it's worth...I'm not modeling or anything.

Yeah, very true. I'm lucky I'm not a very hairy guy. Then again I'm only 15 so who knows what comes in the future.

HalfDog
11-17-2004, 08:03 AM
You can say that again.

Whats up with the headaches man? thats not cool..glad to hear they're getting better though

I've been told they are exertion headaches...I went to a neurologist and got my head all checked out and it was fine...They always come about when I hold my breath on the last rep of a set of squats that I am struggling with...I can never remember to not do that....but since my head started hurting again my pops wants me to go for a followup....yay, another half an hour sitting in an mri.

savdout209
11-17-2004, 09:33 AM
sounds like fun..probably good to go get it done though. If it's something serious you want to catch it early. Good luck with that

HalfDog
11-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Took yesterday off, but diet was perfect.

Went to the gym today, got minor head pains with the squats, but they subsided and I could get through my whole workout at close to full intensity. Diet has been perfect today, and I find I'm getting less hungry as I go on with the diet, I don't even feel like I'm going to want a cheat day this weekend. I kind of have to force myself to reach my carb goal of 280...I'm thinking maybe to bump up protein and fat and cut down on carbs, at least on days when I'm not lifting weights.

HalfDog
11-19-2004, 12:39 PM
half hour jump rope session...no head pain, yay.

HalfDog
11-20-2004, 08:28 AM
Probably going to take today off because I need to get a lot of school crap done

weight: 169
bf caliper measure - 5 to 9
waist 32.5
hips - 1 tick under 40

HalfDog
11-22-2004, 02:39 AM
ugh...it's 4:30 and I'm in the middle of writing a 10 page research paper, of which I started and finished the research for today...I just needed to do something other than write that paper for a little bit so I figured I'd rant here... :bang:
Got 6 hours of sleep last night, I'm probably only gonna get 1 hour tonight, which I already took...maybe I'll get a second wind and finish up quick and get some decent sleep...I don't feel like I'll ever be able to get back in the gym. I love school.

HalfDog
11-24-2004, 01:47 PM
back at the gym yesterday for leg-focused day...so sore today, did some stationary bike/jump rope this morning right after I got up...eating getting on track, but not perfect since I'm home for thanksgiving and I have none of my foods around.

HalfDog
11-26-2004, 07:39 AM
Went to the gym yesterday even though my legs were sore as hell, hopefully I get in at least half hour of biking very soon. Eating was not bad considering the holiday, could've been much worse, just finding it hard to get back to the routine being away from my home away from home and back at my actual home. I'm definitely on my way to where I want to be though, probably gonna cut carbs by 50g next week, actually...I should probably wait till after the LSATs to do that, but maybe not.

HalfDog
11-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Well, it's been a month on the diet, and it's been going "ok" I guess, better than any of my attempts in the past...I want to start getting tougher this week in terms of diet and cardio, but I'm taking the LSATs this weekend and don't want to push my body too hard until after them, I'm still dropping carbs down to 230g and pushing protein up a little bit, and try and do as much cardio as my mind is willing to let me do. Waist and hips are both down so far, which is what I wanted, I'd just like to see the results be a little more drastic. I don't think my pictures show much of a difference.

weight: 170.5
bf measure: 5 - 8.5
waist: 32.5
hips: 39.75

HalfDog
12-03-2004, 07:30 AM
So I've barely eaten anything the past two or three days because this girl has been messing up my head, whenever I eat I get sick, and haven't been been to the gym either because I haven't been sleeping, but just for fun I took some measurements...

Weight: 165
waist: 32 1/4
hips: 39 1/4

too bad it'll all shoot back up once I start eating again.