PDA

View Full Version : how to eat after cardio/endurance training

jazer80
10-29-2004, 01:09 PM
okay i know most of what you'd wanna know about pre/post nutrition for lifting weights, but i've just been doing this same routine for days when i do other activities that are more endurance (boxing, wrestling, etc.). So, before going to wrestling, i'll have a little protein / carbs, then drink a carb drink during, and go home and have a weight gainer w/ extra protein, like i do when i go to lift. is there any changes i should be making for more 'endurance' oriented activities?

Vido
10-29-2004, 01:38 PM
It depends on the intensity of the training. Before and after high intensity training you want protein + carbs (working out can be considered high intensity training). Before and after low/medium intensity training you're best suited with protein + fats.

It's tough for me to answer the specific question though because I don't know much about boxing or wrestling. (It seems like they'd be high intensity, so what you're doing would be fine, but I really don't know.)

SalahG
10-29-2004, 01:56 PM
Unless you have a weight problem, just eat a lot of homemade food after your workouts. When I was training down in the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, they basically said, "You have half an hour, eat as much as you can", and we did that 4 times a day.

jazer80
10-29-2004, 03:45 PM
Unless you have a weight problem, just eat a lot of homemade food after your workouts. When I was training down in the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, they basically said, "You have half an hour, eat as much as you can", and we did that 4 times a day.
liquid nutrition is much better right before/after a workout; what were you training for?

SalahG
10-30-2004, 06:55 PM
liquid nutrition is much better right before/after a workout; what were you training for?
Do as you please. I was training for boxing competitions, we went every summer as a club. Unfortunately, I had to give up boxing because of football, but it did pay its divdends.

jazer80
10-30-2004, 07:04 PM
looking at your statement again i agree i would eat **** too, you only had 4 meals a day i'd make the most. i just meant that i workout a mile away from my apt, so i can drive home, have a shake, shower, then eat a meal, then have another shake etc