PDA

View Full Version : Green Tea

Mercuryblade
10-31-2004, 03:09 AM
Anyone here know of some of the benefits of green tea? I'm going to start drinking it in the morning because it has an enzyme that prevents alzheimers which is a problem in my family, I'm only 19 but it's never too early to start looking out for myself in the later years.

ryuage
10-31-2004, 03:21 AM
heres one old post

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=49797&highlight=benefits+green+tea

use the search function there are a million posts :)

abwowang
10-31-2004, 10:34 AM
how many ppl actually drink this stuff?
how good is it compared to water?.. cause green tea helps weight loss.. well so does drinking lots of water..

ryuage
10-31-2004, 10:41 AM
I drink green tea quite frequently, good source of anti oxidants and a whole boat load of other health benefits... you could always just use the extract if you wish, make sure if you buy powder to cap it cuz the stuff tastes horrible.

txterry
10-31-2004, 11:23 AM
I was about to buy a ECGC supplement but I found I had a stash of green tea. So I have two large cups a day. I find it does give me a boost before my workout and seems to slightly increase my metabolism. I take it mainly for the fat-burning benefits.

Mercuryblade
10-31-2004, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna head over to wal-mart tomorrow and pick me up some (it's the only grocery store in the lovely town of Decorah, Iowa)

ryuage
11-01-2004, 03:45 AM
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna head over to wal-mart tomorrow and pick me up some (it's the only grocery store in the lovely town of Decorah, Iowa)

np... damn I feel lucky, dont you guys get lonely living out in the middle of nowhere in some of these towns? hehe

EdgeCrusher
11-01-2004, 10:44 AM
i drink 1-2 cups daily

Mercuryblade
11-01-2004, 03:12 PM
np... damn I feel lucky, dont you guys get lonely living out in the middle of nowhere in some of these towns? hehe

I'm from the western suburbs of the twin cities, I only go to college in Decorah, but it was quite an adjustment, when I went home for the first time after leaving for school I felt euphoric at the site of tall buildings.

waynis
11-01-2004, 06:19 PM
I had a bad experience with green tea. Just one cup a day made me sweat 10 times as much in the gym and I just felt like crap. I started getting pimples and I never get pimples. There was another thread I started about green tea. search for it. Someone posted the possible negative efffects of it. Personaly the good it does isn't even worth taking it too me. Eat a couple leaves of romain lettuce and you have the same antioxidant effects.