PDA

View Full Version : Smarties/Rockets/Tingles

DarrenEff
10-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I'm under the impression that these are all the same candy, depending on where you live, and my mom has a whole bunch left since it was Halloween last night and I'm getting them. So are these for sure the same thing (bout 15-30 in a pack, wrapped in clear plastic, and how many packs should i take post workout?)

Ğragons
10-31-2004, 04:00 PM
its all chocolate and chocolates bad for everything :p

so dont take em

zen
10-31-2004, 04:08 PM
its all chocolate and chocolates bad for everything :p

so dont take em

Nay!
I dunno what "Rockets" & "Tingles", but in ohio smarties are not chocolate. They are really just little sugary pills.

Behemoth
10-31-2004, 04:08 PM
Smarties aren't chocolate. Smarties are those little wafers that feel like compacted powder once you eat them. They're primarily dextrose with some sucrose. Many people use them as a post workout carb.

Darren, to answer your question I don't think anybody here knows candy nutrtition facts offhand. I can tell you this: you probably want anywhere from 50-100grams of post workout carbs depending on what your current goals are. Search around the net and find the nutrition facts on them and do some simple math to figure out how many packets will suit your needs.

Ğragons
10-31-2004, 04:12 PM
smarties r choc in england ;-s

mattburns
10-31-2004, 05:01 PM
smarties are bad, full of E-numbers and addatives. in england they are sugar coated chocolate. jus eat a banana or two.

DarrenEff
10-31-2004, 05:25 PM
Thanks Behemoth, I think you're the only one that understood. Where I come from we also have "Smarties" which are sugar coated chocolate candy, do you eat the red ones last?

But yes, tingles/rockets/smarties (that IM talking about) are all the same and made by CeDe.
One 15 tablet roll = 25 calories, 5g carbs

Got the info from: http://www.smarties.com/nutr.htm

So basically looking at like 10 packs for 50g, I think I'll eat 3 or 4 then find something else, so I dont rot my teeth

ryuage
10-31-2004, 05:41 PM
smarties yummm... and yes at 5grams a roll is about right