PDA

View Full Version : Missed taking creatine yesterday, should I double up today?

Deathwish
10-31-2004, 06:44 PM
I didn't take my creatine yesterday, should I double up today?

ryuage
10-31-2004, 06:47 PM
dont bother, your muscles are probably saturated as it is

emjlr3
10-31-2004, 07:33 PM
dont....i miss all the time...ur body wont miss one day trust me

Scorpion
11-03-2004, 07:26 AM
I've started creatine since monday, im doing a loading phase, so im taking 5grams four times daily ... Does anybody know if its normal to go for a piss like 8-10 times a day?

Im finding it hard to have a gallon of water a day, i drank about 3.8 litres yesterday, im going to make sure i get a gallon of water today and for the rest of the days. Isn't the water i drink supposed to be Retained? or does this happen after the loading phase finishes?

Also, after i finish the loading phase for 5 days, how much Creatine shall i take for maintaining, 2g or 5gram a day?

Any advice on this would be very helpful. By the way i've been a lazy ass and not trained since i started my creatine on Monday, i will be training as usual today though.

Thanks in Advance

Vido
11-03-2004, 11:00 AM
I've started creatine since monday, im doing a loading phase, so im taking 5grams four times daily ... Does anybody know if its normal to go for a piss like 8-10 times a day?

Im finding it hard to have a gallon of water a day, i drank about 3.8 litres yesterday, im going to make sure i get a gallon of water today and for the rest of the days. Isn't the water i drink supposed to be Retained? or does this happen after the loading phase finishes?

Also, after i finish the loading phase for 5 days, how much Creatine shall i take for maintaining, 2g or 5gram a day?

Any advice on this would be very helpful. By the way i've been a lazy ass and not trained since i started my creatine on Monday, i will be training as usual today though.

Thanks in Advance

Maybe you're just drinking more water than you used to. Otherwise, it is odd that you'd be making more frequent trips to the bathroom as creatine makes you hold water...it's not a diuretic.

Scorpion
11-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Vido, thanks for the reply bud. Yeh, probably my body isn't used to getting that much water. The way i drink my water throughout my day is with a 500ml bottle. I fill it up and drink from it 8 times a day, or am trying to anyway. So 8 x 500ml = 4 Litres, 4.1 litres = Gallon roughly.

When i have the 500ml water i usually have to make a trip to the bathroom around 2 times within an hour of drinking that water. Maybe it will start retaining the water when my muscles are saturated? or it doesn't work that way?

Any help appreciated. Thanks for the input Vido.

Vido
11-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Put it this way, it's not like creatine makes you retain 20 lbs of water. It's like 2-5 lbs, which as long as my conversion is correct, that's only like 1-2L of water. Once the muscles are retaining this water, you're just going to end up excreting the extra, so if you've upped your water intake by even a small amount, it's not really that big a surprise that you're going to the bathroom more.

ryuage
11-03-2004, 11:25 AM
:withstupi

you're not holding as much water using creatine as you think.

Scorpion
11-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Thanks, thats cleared things up a bit more. Cheers.

RichLockyer
11-05-2004, 12:22 AM
Thanks, thats cleared things up a bit more. Cheers.
But regardless of how often you need to go, you still need at least a gallon (preferably 1.5 to 2) a day... more if you're sweating a lot.
Creatine, protein, and any other supplements you take do have to be processed by the liver and kidneys. Extra water will make their job easier.

GMCtrk
11-05-2004, 01:04 AM
Put it this way, it's not like creatine makes you retain 20 lbs of water. It's like 2-5 lbs, which as long as my conversion is correct, that's only like 1-2L of water. Once the muscles are retaining this water, you're just going to end up excreting the extra, so if you've upped your water intake by even a small amount, it's not really that big a surprise that you're going to the bathroom more.

Trust me it depends on the person. Whenever I workout I drink about 130-160 ounces of water. Naturally my water retention is VERY high, I'm talking about 5lbs of water weight. And when I was on creatine I was seriously adding 10lbs of water weight :shoot: