PDA

View Full Version : peanut butter

abwowang
10-31-2004, 09:58 PM
i eat a lot of it. I eat scoops of it sometimes. Anyone else love peanut butter as much as i do?.. just eattin it like ice cream?
this is bad.. right?!

Mercuryblade
10-31-2004, 10:07 PM
Don't eat jiff or skippy or any of the ones with hydrogenated oils (the bonds between the fats in the oil are hydrogenated so it remains a solid at room temperature, these fats are harder to digest in the small intestine and will get stored as fat),, ibut the all natural stuff that contains nothing but peanuts and salt is quite good for you its high in the monounsaturated fats, just make sure to remain within your recommended fat intake. Also consume your peanut butter with a grain such as wheat bread because it aids in the absorption of the protein.

abwowang
10-31-2004, 10:09 PM
ah yes oats..
that'll be good.. where can i find the non hydrogenated oil peanut butter?..

Vido
10-31-2004, 10:21 PM
where can i find the non hydrogenated oil peanut butter?..

the grocery store right next to all the other ones...the only ingredients should be "peanuts" or "peanuts and salt"

txterry
10-31-2004, 10:46 PM
Usually the good peanut butter will be labelled 'Natural'. Always check the ingredients as Vido mentions.
I found a gourmet grocery store where they make PB fresh every other day using a special milling machine. Since its fresh the oil is not separated from the PB. I like the unsalted kind .. either costs $3 per lb so its a bargain for the quality.

abwowang
10-31-2004, 11:59 PM
ah ha! thanks very much :)

ryuage
11-01-2004, 03:42 AM
peanut butter = my favorite :)

emjlr3
11-01-2004, 08:13 PM
thnx for that about the big brands, ill be buying the natural stuff for now on

no regrets
11-01-2004, 08:35 PM
smuckers makes a pretty decent natural peanut butter.