PDA

View Full Version : metabolism and diet

accuFLEX
11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Question #1-I have a slow metabolism and im on a diet/cutting. There is something I just dont get. If you eat less your metabolism slows, if you eat more, it speeds up, so then how can a diet work? If I eat less yet my body is burning less, isn't that just counterproductive?

Question #2- Lets say I have a candy bar and a piece of bread. Both have the same amount of cals. Would I lose the cals quicker if I ate the bar?

Question #3- How many cals should I be taking in each day? Im 6'3 216 and looking to go to 200lbs by new years.

JiggaHertz
11-01-2004, 02:16 PM
Question #1-I have a slow metabolism and im on a diet/cutting. There is something I just dont get. If you eat less your metabolism slows, if you eat more, it speeds up, so then how can a diet work? If I eat less yet my body is burning less, isn't that just counterproductive?

I think a good approach is to find how many cals you normally eat and reduce it slowly until you're loosing ~1lb/week. When you starve yourself and abruptly drop your number of cals, this is when your metabolism will come to a crashing halt.

Question #2- Lets say I have a candy bar and a piece of bread. Both have the same amount of cals. Would I lose the cals quicker if I ate the bar?

I'm not positive, but I would assume your body would burn the cals from the candy bar quicker, but you will also be hungry again sooner than if you ate a piece of bread.

Question #3- How many cals should I be taking in each day? Im 6'3 216 and looking to go to 200lbs by new years.

That would depend on your activity level, metabolism, etc. See question #1.

Ğragons
11-01-2004, 03:49 PM
u can eat more than u normally do and still stick to a real diet.

just smaller meals that fill u, plenty o protein etc

accuFLEX
11-01-2004, 04:40 PM
^^Yea, im going to be eating A LOT more tuna. I always thought it had like 15g of fat per can so I stayed away from it, but I just checked a can at home and it has 1g of fat and 26g of protein lol yum tuna

Ğragons
11-01-2004, 04:59 PM
mine has, 100 cals/32g protein/nil carbs/nil fat

:p

not that 1g of fat will make much difference, dont go overboard on tuna tho its not needed in masses :p