PDA

View Full Version : I`m a beginner. Recomend something you think all beginners should make sure they do.

puppet
11-01-2004, 04:05 PM
I`m almost 16 and i`m starting to seriously take up weights, I have ben starting to do them on and off, but i would eventulally quit.

I am definitly sticking to it this time.

I`m on my second week now, and just yesterday i started the mens health home grown muscle program after hearing many great things about it.

Now i need some recomedations on stuff that all weightlifters need to do, and really important stuff like

ex. "Make sure you drink alot of water."

stuff like that.

Thanks for any help

" :strong:

Ğragons
11-01-2004, 04:06 PM
1. get some goals set
2. get a diet set depending on goals
3. dont get a gf, they make u fat
4. get a dog, they make u skinny
5. lots of water
6. lots of protein
7. invest in some creatine/whey
8. dont give up :p
9. dont do steroids till ur 2 years in ;)

phatmike
11-01-2004, 04:39 PM
EAT
Work your WHOLE body
Focus on compound lifts
Don't give up

Anthony
11-01-2004, 05:22 PM
Eat steak and squat.

txterry
11-01-2004, 10:32 PM
3. dont get a gf, they make u fat
4. get a dog, they make u skinny

LOL So true!

Genacide
11-02-2004, 04:04 AM
...unless she works out with you... or works you out :thumbup:

TheGimp
11-02-2004, 05:12 AM
Read this site.

ryuage
11-02-2004, 06:35 AM
Read this site.

:withstupi

mattburns
11-02-2004, 10:33 AM
my girlfriend has a dog so i balance it out ;)

Ğragons
11-02-2004, 11:18 AM
ur gf is a dog ;)

lol couldnt resist could i ;)

mattburns
11-02-2004, 11:37 AM
lol touche :p

Thunderwulf
11-02-2004, 01:08 PM
GF's do make you fat.

But they are good for those late night workouts.

Roark
11-02-2004, 01:28 PM
do not drink non-diet sodas

Scott S
11-02-2004, 01:33 PM
do not drink non-diet sodas

If you take out the double negatives, that becomes a lot more readable.

Dirt
11-02-2004, 04:08 PM
1. Eat. When you think you are eating way too much, eat even more, because you are more than likely not even eating enough.

2. Learn to care more about your diet than the gym. Diet is the key to bodybuilding, not the actual lifting of weights. You'd be surprised how little it takes to stimulate muscle growth, you don't need to hit a muscle with 40 sets at 15 different angles.

3. A workout is only as good as your diet is for that day and every day for that matter. The most intense workout of your life means nothing if you are not eating properly pre and post workout.

4. Don't buy into false promises supplement companies make. Save your money and don't buy anything other than plain whey protein, ever. If you can't gain muscle without supplements your diet is piss poor and you'll never gain muscle with or without supplements until you get that in line (and I include AAS in this category as well, they are not wonder drugs).

*** Most important

5. Whatever you do with bodybuilding, don't sweat the details. I think the biggest mistake I see anyone make, and often a lot on these boards are people who become caught up in the details and they lose track on the big picture. In the grand scheme of things it's irrelevant if you're getting 43.35g of dextrose in your shake or if the banana you just ate wasn't consumed exactly 16 minutes and 45 seconds after your last work set. Always remember: lift as heavy as you can with proper form, eat enough calories and pay attention to your diet, and practice consistency in all aspects of your lifestyle and you will always be able to achieve your bodybuilding goals.

Mr. ?
11-02-2004, 04:27 PM
1 Eat 5-7 smaller meals a day rather than 3 larger meals unless this is not possible.

2 Keep a work out log and track what excercises, sets, reps, and amount of weight you are doing. This is beneficial so you know when to advace and how much.

3 Keep track of your calorie intake whether you are trying to gain or lose weight.

4 Mean it when you say "This time I am not quiting" and read the following...

Motivational Article (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=573)

:burger: :strong:

PizDoff
11-02-2004, 06:49 PM
Read the articles on this site. Being properly educated about it will enhance your enjoyment.

no regrets
11-02-2004, 08:08 PM
always try to get 7-8 hours of sleep at least if possible. Your body will grow as you rest.