PDA

View Full Version : something i found it seems pretty interesting

toughguywannabe
11-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Teh Plan,
Here is some basic info. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me:-).

First of all, when you cut carbs for a long period of times, your body gets used to it. It does this by using ketones for fuel, and lowering the metabolic requirements, which will make it impossible to lose weight. However, by doing the carb-up every weekend, you are 'tricking' your body. It will never know what to expect, thereby forcing it to constantly tap into fat stores for energy. You will be burning fat 24/7 :D.

DIETING-

Monday-Friday:

During these days, carbs should be EXTREMELY low, around 30g or so. Get your Bodyweight in protein, and as much fat as you can get(eat a lot of peanut butter, excellent(and tasty) source of good fats). Doing this, you will probly be getting around 1600kcals a day, which is a deficit for anyone. For the first two weeks, you will feel drained as your body is getting used to using Ketones as fuel.

Saturday-Sunday:

Now the fun begins :D. Under regular conditions, the muscle can store 2-4g of glucose per pound of body weight, but after being depleted all week, it will double to 4-7g per pound of BW. A 200lbs. man should get about 1100 carbs during the weekend. Doing this will refill muscle glycogen, saturate the liver, and rebuild and muscle lost during the depletion phase. It is recommended that you get a majority of your carbs on the first day, to refill glycogen as fast as possible, and it should be mostly sugar as well, since it is quickly digested. About 700g Carbs would be good, as much of that as possible being sugar. Sunday should be most complex carbs(potatoes, rice, breads, etc), so you will have energy to get through the next week. About 400g on this day. You will still be burning fat during this time, as your metabolism will skyrocket due to all the excess calories.

WORKING OUT-

Monday-Tuesday:
You will want to workout Monday and Tuesday to take advantage of all the carbs consumed over the weekend. Monday should be upper body workout, and Tuesday should be lower body. You will want to do medium sets(3-4) and fairly high reps(8-12). Doing it this way will help use up all the glycogen, and get you into Ketosis fast. This will help you keep burning fat.

Monday-
Incline DB Press- 3X8-10
Flat DB Flyes- 3X8-10
Overhead DB Press- 3X8-10
Lateral raises- 2X15
Pulldowns- 3X8-10
Curls- 3X8-10
Overhead DB Extension- 3X8-10

Tuesday-
Squats- 3X8-10
Leg Presses- 3X8-10
Leg Extensions- 2X15
Leg Curls- 3X8-10
Calf Raises- 3X20

Friday-
Friday is a giant depletion workout. You will want to bring yourself out of ketosis by getting about 60g of carbs before this workout so that you will not be using Ketones for energy. YOu should do a full body workout, about 5 sets on each exercise, w/ 15-20 reps in order to squeeze every last drop of glycogen out of your muscles.

Flat DB Presses- 5X15
Leg Presses- 5X15
OH DB Presses- 5X15
Leg Extensions- 5X15
Rows- 5X15
Leg Curls- 5X15
Curls- 5X15
Pressdowns- 5X15
DB Flyes- 5X15
Lateral Raises- 5X15

maybe this is old news and everyone is already using it but i will try it sounds good.. but i might keep my workout routine the same without changing.. im jus wondering if eating that way is very effective and if it really burns fat 24/7?

JSully
11-01-2004, 11:22 PM
Do fridays workout on thursday, then carb load on friday. another full body workout on saturday with moderate carbs (about 350-400) and rest on sunday with low carbs (about 150-200). That'll work a little better.

And you have to watch your dietary fat a little closer than you specified. You never want more than 15% of your daily diet to be from fat.

Vido
11-01-2004, 11:56 PM
During these days, carbs should be EXTREMELY low, around 30g or so. Get your Bodyweight in protein, and as much fat as you can get(eat a lot of peanut butter, excellent(and tasty) source of good fats). Doing this, you will probly be getting around 1600kcals a day, which is a deficit for anyone.

How is someone only going to consume 1600 calories eating "as much fat as you can get", on top of bodyweight in protein? For a 200lb person, that's only about 75g of fat, which is hardly "as much as one can eat".

Vido
11-01-2004, 11:58 PM
And you have to watch your dietary fat a little closer than you specified. You never want more than 15% of your daily diet to be from fat.

Are you saying for that specific diet or any diet? On a severely calorie-restricted diet you might only be able to consume a small amount of fat, but on a regular cutting or bulking diet, you should be getting 25-30% of your calories from fat (mostly EFA's).

JSully
11-02-2004, 12:09 AM
Are you saying for that specific diet or any diet? On a severely calorie-restricted diet you might only be able to consume a small amount of fat, but on a regular cutting or bulking diet, you should be getting 25-30% of your calories from fat (mostly EFA's).

I was saying for that specific diet he's stating. I agree with the 25-30% of a regular cutting or bulking diet. He has a carb cycling thing going on which in my opinion works way better than regular cutting diets. Hell, you can even bulk with the carb cycling diet he just stated, so long as you up the carbs a bit on the regular days as well as put 'em a little higher on the weekends. I despise full body workouts or else I would do this type of a diet on my next bulk. For my next bulk I'll probably do some kind of +10% maintenance througout the week then saturday and sunday somewhere around +20-30% above maintenance to allow some "fun" foods in there.

Vido
11-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Ok, just checking, we're on the same page then.

Blob
11-02-2004, 05:10 AM
Hold on...
Are you telling me I can actually lose weight (Fat) on a diet/Routine like this?
This is contrary ot a lot of what ive read on diets, and it looks like a diet even I can stick to.
Would it work for a beginner ??

toughguywannabe
11-02-2004, 07:58 AM
i didn't make that chart it was jus something i copied and pasted i might try the eating plan but keep my workout routine the same..

JSully
11-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Hold on...
Are you telling me I can actually lose weight (Fat) on a diet/Routine like this?
This is contrary ot a lot of what ive read on diets, and it looks like a diet even I can stick to.
Would it work for a beginner ??

Yes, it'll work. Whether you want to bulk or cut, all you have to do is keep that kind of a ratio throughout the week, and you'll bulk with minimal fat gain, and cut with minimal muscle loss. Depending on how many total calories you have, but that can get complicated and you have to just play around to find out what works best for your body and goals.

Blob
11-03-2004, 05:52 AM
and cut with minimal fat loss

Im presuming you mean minimal muscle loss...

JSully
11-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Im presuming you mean minimal muscle loss...

Um, YEAH! That's what it says!

:study: :bang:

lol