PDA

View Full Version : bulking diet

greekboy80
11-02-2004, 07:34 AM
hey everyone, heres the low down.

Im 24, 6'2 200 lbs.

ive been working out for about 6 years. ive been cutting for the past 8 months and i now and going to bulk for the next 5. my diet is pretty clean. im getting in about 3500 cals/day and been lifting hard 3 days per week. i started bulking last week and with in 1 week the scale said i gained about 5 lbs. is this normal? i dont look or feel any chunkier. i was just wondering if this is pretty typical.

diet consists of...

breakfast - 2 cups of Kashi Golean cereal w/1%milk, i cup coffe w/ cream and splenda.

mid morning snack - work out days, krave bar and string cheese
non-work out days - protien shake and string cheese

lunch - big sandwhich with chicken breast, turkey or ham. cheese and mustard on whole wheat bread. 1 cup of atkins yogert (highest protien content of all yogerts).

pre workout food - natty PB&j sandwhich on whole wheat bread. on non work out days i also have this as a mid afternoon snack.

after workout - protien shake, 3 serving of gatorade powder. (non-work days i skip altogeather). notice the mid morning sncak of protien shake. so i do get one a day.

dinner (usually about 45 min after post workout nutrition) - based on time allotment, i usually have whole wheat pasta w/chicken breast, and pasta sauce. and 2 slices of ww toast with 1 table spoon of Olive oil inthe side. sometimes in a hurry i eat a little worse but nothing horrible. its usually what ever my girlfriend makes, not fast food or anything like that. usually chicken and pasta or rice.

pre bed food- 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites on 2 slices of ww bread w/ slice of cheese.

thats my diet in a nut shell. i usually stick in a multi vitamin after a meal W/fats.

tell me what you see. where im good and where i need help, thanks

ryuage
11-02-2004, 07:37 AM
you probably gained 5 lbs due to glycogen and water... besides that, if you are gaining then you should be good... is 3500 really enough at your bodyweight?

greekboy80
11-02-2004, 08:30 AM
good question. not really sure, i figured i would gauage my weight gain, then adjust accordingly. i did not want to gain to quickly and put on a good amount of fat.

another thing, my previous weight was 200, im now at 205. thanks.

any other opinons?

Mik
11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Looks good to me but 3500 cals does seem low.