PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when you are away from home?

wmiller
11-07-2001, 06:55 AM
I am going to NY for business Sunday and coming home on Friday. I am going to take along my tub of whey, but I think my diet is going to go to ****. What should I do for a diet. I usually take my four day meals with me to work, but I wont beable to do that next week. Should I just eat more food at one sitting?

Also, I hate to miss my Monday and Thursday training days. I think the hotel I am staying has a fitness center, but I am sure they don't have free weights. Prolly just cardio stuff, but not sure. Should I just do a ton of pushups, situps, maybe pullups if possible?

syntekz
11-07-2001, 07:13 AM
Taking a break from training and dietin isn't going to hurt you. It's a good thing every once in a while. Just eat what you can and eat healthy. Or you could eat all junk food; it won't make that much difference.

wmiller
11-07-2001, 07:17 AM
Yeah, but I will be going back to NY the week after also, and coming home the day before Thanksgiving. So that will be two weeks without training

wmiller
11-07-2001, 07:27 AM
Or you could eat all junk food; it won't make that much difference Beer too? :D

Wizard
11-07-2001, 07:34 AM
Reduce your carbs.

nejar462
11-07-2001, 10:42 PM
training will be kinda hard. try push up or something. Or find something heavy and start lifting. Get creative. ITs probably best you do it in priveate

Budiak
11-08-2001, 01:55 AM
Switch the protein to Casein, get some powerbands and some tupperware bottles.

Basically keep your carbs down, especially simple ones(no news there) and stay away from alcohol. Drink some of the protein in the morning and before bed.

Powerbands speak for themselves.

Take some protein with you in a tupperware bottle wherever you go, the tupperware cleans quickly and is probably the best protein cup I've ever had. If someone asks why you're drinking it, poke their fat ass and say "thats why".

Wizard
11-08-2001, 03:58 AM
I agree.Focus on protein and fat.(moderate) You won't need any carbs.

gino
11-08-2001, 07:16 AM
I was gone on business 16 nights last month, and I manage just fine. I always eat at nice restaurants, so it's easy to let the diet slide, but I've learned to customize meals. I eat chicken, brown rice, wheat bread, steak, fish, salad, etc. I'm able to eat just about the same as at home, but less often. I eat MRP "food bars" between meals to keep that constant flow of nutrients into my body and to keep the metabolism high. Having a membership at golds has been a blessing too, because I get a travel pass which allows me to work out at any golds gym for free. I bring my vitamins, protein(MRP) bars, and some milk & egg protein for before bed on all business trips.

Sesoku
11-08-2001, 09:33 AM
You can do bicep curls with a duffle bag or your luggage, probably tricep extensions also.

janzik
11-08-2001, 09:44 AM
There's always running outside for cardio. Also for weight training, pushups, or even dips (for tris), put your hands on a chair and your feet at the edge of your bed (or a coffee table or another chair or whatever). Also, like others said, it wont be horrible to take a rest from your full training. I always feel guilty whenever I go away or have no access to my normal training "rituals" or whatever, but I just do what I can and know that tomorrow is another day and as long as I "want it" (to be in better shape), then when Im back home (or wherever) and continue my normal routine and before I know it I'll be rock'n'rolling like I never stopped.

beercan
11-08-2001, 11:11 AM
I eat lots of this :

Chris Rodgers
11-08-2001, 11:14 AM
Hells yeah!!! BK is da shizzy!!

Bullrider Billy
11-08-2001, 11:15 AM
poke their fat ass and say "thats why". :D

I was at a dinner with my family. I ordered prime rib, but I was like a surgeon, cutting away as much fat as I could. My brother-in-law almost shrieked "you're wasting the whole thing!"

Uh, that's why I'm in the shape I'm in, and he's in the shape he is.

Orange357
11-08-2001, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Bullrider Billy

I was at a dinner with my family. I ordered prime rib, but I was like a surgeon, cutting away as much fat as I could. My brother-in-law almost shrieked "you're wasting the whole thing!"

Uh, that's why I'm in the shape I'm in, and he's in the shape he is.

Haha! Thats great i get told the same thing!:)

Scooby-Doo
11-09-2001, 09:33 PM
I do that 2 LOL :p

MissAbs
11-10-2001, 04:46 AM
Some idea:

I would pack all supplements, can of tuna ( don't forget the can opener) and MRP's and shake bottles in one bag... This will get you by.

Depending on what your diet is like: NY has the best places to eat ever...just order as if your health depends on it. *It does*

Also if you are really nuts, which I have been know to do. Pack your foreman grill, go to the grocery and get your food and ask for a small frig to be placed in your room. They will do this. Tell them you have medicines that need to be kept cold...

Do not allow this to be an excuse to fall off the wagon and let everything you have worked for go to he**

Jane
11-10-2001, 07:25 PM
yeah, and tuna cans come in the easy-open version, so no need for a can opener. draining is a pain if youre in the midst of travel, but hey. I went to europe for 3 weeks this summer and spent ridiculous amounts of money buying tuna, but its good stuff. got some stares from the people on the plane, tho.

johny walker
11-11-2001, 01:16 PM
when I'm on vacation or on the road I usually live on meso-tech and met-rx bars along with pre-mixed protein shakes and if I find a healthy restaurant I might go and have a healthy meal. It's not that complicated to eat on the road only a bit more expensive.

beercan
11-11-2001, 02:56 PM
Hey 'abs long time no see

LOL

That sentence was double meaning :p

MissAbs
11-13-2001, 07:31 PM
BEERCAN>>>>> is that you??? What is with the Island Ace thing?????

Dam boy... how the heck are you?

Maki Riddington
11-13-2001, 07:37 PM
Bwhahahaha @ the Island Ace thingy.
Abs is in da house!!!!

beercan
11-14-2001, 05:33 AM
I'm great, you?

ps the island ace thing only a joke, just like him :)