PDA

View Full Version : cutting and need some advice

matrix5089
11-02-2004, 05:55 PM
im cutting down from 202 at 13.8bf ive lost 10 pounds over 5 weeks and i just went for my body fat test and i went up on my body fat to 15.2 at 190 ive lost 2.5 inches around my waist other mesurments have gone down a little nothing too major chest has decreased a couple inches but i do have some fat there. I am much more cut and seeing alot more vains ive been slownly cutting down carbs from 600g a day going down about 50g a week and doing a carb up day protein is over 1 gram per pound spread over 6 meals to 7 meals a day. the tester they use at my gym one that hooks up to a computer and mesures your body fat through your bicep i have gone off creatine could this be a reason for the fluxuation ive taken a month off and will be going back on next week.

RichLockyer
11-02-2004, 08:38 PM
If it hooks to your bicep, is held in your hand, or is under your feet, it's merely measuring your body's electrical resistance. It's very inaccurate unless used under exactly the same conditions. Hydration, activity level prior to the test, and the need to take a whizz will affect the outcome.

If you are gaining muscular definition, have veins showing, and have not increased your belt, then you probably have not gained bodyfat.

JSully
11-02-2004, 09:39 PM
Unless you've burned too much muscle in the time you were dieting. But I doubt that if you've lost 10lbs over 5 weeks. That's a good loss rate and you're leaner AND more vascular. So you've probably dropped a few %. Have someone test you with calipers.

Dirt
11-02-2004, 11:07 PM
I was going to reply to this thread to answer your question, but then I noticed your sig. You claim to have gained 50 lbs in 9 months and didn't even gain 1% body fat? So you gained nearly 50 lbs of LBM in that time? No offense, but I don't even believe that is possible using AAS. Which leads to my question: What did you do over that time period to see such significant gains in lean muscle mass?

Vido
11-03-2004, 12:14 AM
Learn to write in at least SEMI-coherent sentences. I don't even know what you're asking in that post.

matrix5089
11-03-2004, 07:55 AM
13.8% was with the electrical resistance tester i dont think it is accurate now

matrix5089
11-03-2004, 07:58 AM
i was wondering if it was normal to go up in body fat when come off a bulk and start cutting, could it be the creatine, or is this system for testing body fat not accurate?

Vido
11-03-2004, 10:50 AM
i was wondering if it was normal to go up in body fat when come off a bulk and start cutting, could it be the creatine, or is this system for testing body fat not accurate?

If you come off creatine you should look leaner because you'll be holding less water...this shouldn't affect your bodyfat in either direction.

Sounds to me like the bodyfat testing system is a little messed up.

matrix5089
11-03-2004, 03:51 PM
should i stay off creatine until im done cutting?
and does anyone else test body fat this way? have you had any problemswith it?

JSully
11-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Electrical bodyfat testers are always wrong, I would say get some calipers, or go to a dunk tank.

Hot Chick
11-04-2004, 04:05 PM
If you come off creatine you should look leaner because you'll be holding less water...this shouldn't affect your bodyfat in either direction.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought water made a difference in your readings because it's a good conductor of electricity and if your tissues are saturated with water, they'll conduct electricity better. So wouldn't coming off of creatine and losing water change your tissues's ability to conduct electricity therby giving an inaccurate reading?

RichLockyer
11-04-2004, 11:35 PM

Sounds to me like the bodyfat testing system is a little messed up.
Fat has a high electrical impedance. Water has a low impedance. Water retention will cause a false-low BF reading on the electronic units.

Submersion is the only way that's truly accurate. Calipers, in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, is the second best.

Vido
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought water made a difference in your readings because it's a good conductor of electricity and if your tissues are saturated with water, they'll conduct electricity better. So wouldn't coming off of creatine and losing water change your tissues's ability to conduct electricity therby giving an inaccurate reading?

Fat has a high electrical impedance. Water has a low impedance. Water retention will cause a false-low BF reading on the electronic units.

Submersion is the only way that's truly accurate. Calipers, in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing, is the second best.

Yeah, you're both right. I wasn't referring to the way he specifically was testing his body fat, but merely how it should work if you're using a more accurate method.