PDA

View Full Version : this is the diet i`m on has anyone else tried it.

puppet
11-02-2004, 07:50 PM
its called the adams diet

http://forums.jpfitness.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000394

this is the diet

I guess what I'm saying is that if the diet interests you, it's easy enoough to follow as it's laid out: Eat meat, veggies (go for five servings a day), nuts/seeds (three servings a day), eggs, and cheese (yes, any kind) in any amounts that you wish, along with your workout nutrition. This will keep insulin levels very low, and will limit your total caloric intake--the winning combination for fat loss.

Its a very popular diet on the JP fitness forums. I figured i would try it.

RichLockyer
11-02-2004, 08:29 PM
Looks like a modified Atkins. I wouldn't touch it, especially if weightlifting is a part of the program.
My wife lost 90 pounds on Atkins and was still at 44% BF. I got her back on a sensible balanced diet and she's lost another 10 pounds AND feels better and has more energy.

Keep in mind that nuts are not a particularly good source of protein. I don't recall the exact terminology used, but something about the protein chains being incomplete. It was discussed on Johnstonefitness forums.

Ğragons
11-03-2004, 10:38 AM
aye i think chubrock did the atkins, and lost loads, but had a high bf % still, i wouldnt touch it either

Vido
11-03-2004, 10:57 AM
I fail to see how any diet that allows you to eat "whatever amounts you wish" is LIMITING caloric intake. Perhaps this would work for people who don't like to eat in the first place, but I could easily eat 5K+ cals without any carbs.

puppet
11-03-2004, 02:25 PM
then what do you reccomend

ryuage
11-03-2004, 02:30 PM
heck me too with all the no carb products they have now a days :)

Max-Mex
11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
I fail to see how any diet that allows you to eat "whatever amounts you wish" is LIMITING caloric intake. Perhaps this would work for people who don't like to eat in the first place, but I could easily eat 5K+ cals without any carbs.

Big cow! MOO!!! Just gimme some A1 sauce and I'm all set.

EDIT: Wait, scratch the A1, sugar in there. Ok, salt and pepper.