PDA

View Full Version : shoulders and back pain????

muscle chic
11-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Everytime I lift for shoulders the left side of my back feels like I hurt something. I gave it a rest for about a week and then went back to my routine and it's a little better but still sore. Since I've upped my weights this has been a problem. Any advice?? :scratch:

Ğragons
11-03-2004, 11:06 AM
have u been bending ur back when u do it?
or are u sitting to one side more than the other, i know thats what was wrong with me when i first started?

muscle chic
11-03-2004, 11:25 AM
you would think so but no. My posture is correct. I've been lifting consistantly now for over a year. I hired a trainer a year ago and learned how to properly lift. It just seems that now I'm focused on bulking and the weights I'm lifting are heavier so it's more straining. When I lifted just for toning I had no problem. I make sure my back is flat against the pad. It may be because the bench is a bit wobbly and I'm not as straight as I should be. I guess my question is how can I make it heal quicker? Stretching?

raniali
11-03-2004, 01:14 PM
sounds possibly like a pinched nerve, but it is hard to diagnose something physically over the internet. for anyone who has lifted intensely for any length of time, injuries are part of the game. i have learned to lift smarter - doing different exercises, different grips, different angles. there are so many variations to shoulder exercises that, if i were you, i would discontinue the one that hurts, and try something new.

muscle chic
11-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Yeah, that sounds about right. I did switch some of my shoulder routine. It just s**cks when your trying to meet a goal and you turn backwards!!! Thanks for the input.