PDA

View Full Version : Some FYI's on McD's

usertim
11-03-2004, 07:33 PM
Just some interesting facts for anyone interested.

Well, on my journey on eating more, I'm trying to find ways to get free/cheap food and so I was asking my friend to hook me up with MickyD's. So I told him how I just mainly want free food, which he then returned with a shocked expression.

Well its pretty much fact Mcdonald food arn't good, but I never knew how bad they were until today.

Basically, the oil they use for deep fry are used so often, it is usually "Brown and Black." So I question the burgers they make.

Apparently, during the cooking process, the beef pattys are soaked in a pool of oil to keep it moist. My friend even attempted to pour some of the crap out, but other employees suggested against it, saying it would "make it dry". He went on to explain how no one that works in Mcdonald's actually eat there, and use their employee benefits. Perhaps the occasional fajitas, but eh.

So yeah, I might reconsider.

harryhoudini66
11-03-2004, 08:57 PM
duh?

Dirt
11-04-2004, 04:08 AM
Just some interesting facts for anyone interested.

Well, on my journey on eating more, I'm trying to find ways to get free/cheap food and so I was asking my friend to hook me up with MickyD's. So I told him how I just mainly want free food, which he then returned with a shocked expression.

Well its pretty much fact Mcdonald food arn't good, but I never knew how bad they were until today.

Basically, the oil they use for deep fry are used so often, it is usually "Brown and Black." So I question the burgers they make.

Apparently, during the cooking process, the beef pattys are soaked in a pool of oil to keep it moist. My friend even attempted to pour some of the crap out, but other employees suggested against it, saying it would "make it dry". He went on to explain how no one that works in Mcdonald's actually eat there, and use their employee benefits. Perhaps the occasional fajitas, but eh.

So yeah, I might reconsider.

That pretty much is all bull****. McDonald's isn't good for you by any means, but I've known a bunch of people that work there and they all ate there frequently. The food isn't healthy by any stretch of the imagination, but most people aren't bodybuilding so they don't give a ****. On a side note the only thing they even have going for them are the chicken selects and big macs (and the fact I can stumble from mcdonalds into my front door) the rest of their food tastes like **** when compared to other fast food joints.

ryuage
11-04-2004, 06:03 AM
duh?

:withstupi

SW
11-04-2004, 06:37 AM
You bastage. Now I'm gonna think about that at lunch today.

Woody_London
11-04-2004, 07:13 AM
I thought McDonalds steamed their burgers rather than fried them?

emjlr3
11-04-2004, 09:01 AM
the grill them i though

Woody_London
11-04-2004, 09:25 AM
the grill them i though

Burger King grill them - "Wanna flame grilled Whopper?"

Well they do over here anyway.

galileo
11-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Flame broiled here.

BigRic
11-04-2004, 10:13 AM
I work at mcdonalds and eat there all the time, everyngith actually I get 2 whole wheat grill chickens a parfait and a fruit and fiber muffin. I only sometimes eat the other crap on the regular menu.

toughguywannabe
11-04-2004, 10:40 AM
have u guys seen supersize me? it's a good movie basically the guy eats nothing but mcdonalds for b-fast, lunch, dinner for 1 month at the end of the month he had a lot of health problems according to his doctor. he also used everything on the menu and had to order everything on the menu at least 1 time each week so he couldn't jus get burgers the entire time he had to get salads and stuff.. i thought it was good.. i usually get the chicken mcgrill on my lunch breaks at work :) or other grilled chicken sandwiches i usually get it dry or easy sauce..

usertim
11-04-2004, 06:53 PM
duh?

Hahah, well, I didn't know until the other day. :burger:

I work at mcdonalds and eat there all the time, everyngith actually I get 2 whole wheat grill chickens a parfait and a fruit and fiber muffin. I only sometimes eat the other crap on the regular menu.

Yeah, I would think the wheat grill chicks and stuff are considerably healthier, but I'm pretty sure they introduced the good stuff just to try and cover up for the other crap. Of course, everyone knows that.

Titanium_Jim
11-04-2004, 07:19 PM
have u guys seen supersize me? it's a good movie basically the guy eats nothing but mcdonalds for b-fast, lunch, dinner for 1 month at the end of the month he had a lot of health problems according to his doctor. he also used everything on the menu and had to order everything on the menu at least 1 time each week so he couldn't jus get burgers the entire time he had to get salads and stuff....
I was going to mention this if no one else did. He had a cardiologist, a regular physician, and a couple other doctors; at the end of the experiment they told him he would have to change his diet or he would die. He didn't exercise that I saw, but nothing except mcdonalds, doesn't really matter.

moklepaul
11-04-2004, 10:15 PM
for whomever asked, McD's has a grill with a heated pres lid they cook beef on. you put the meat on the grill, press the lid down, wait the apprpriate amount of time, nd presto, you have cooked meat. Now, this is fine, but they are often stored in bins where they can sit and soak in their own grease drippings. Which is a bit nasty ;)
Their cheeseburgers are the bomb, though ;)

I like Wendy's burger personally. Meat is cooked on a regular grill, with vegatable oil and a small amount fo salt. The patties have to be flipped every 30 seconds basically, and once the meat dries up, it's tossed in the chilli.

JSully
11-05-2004, 12:06 AM
I used to work at McD's and its hardly as "gross" as is explained by the topic poster. Yes, it does it in bins in it's own grease, but hell, its a burger for christ's sake, if it's not juicy it's dry and who like's a dry burger? I ate there every day I worked at McD's and I stayed skinny as hell while I was working out (32w pants). Their nuggets taste awesome, their fries are good as hell (provided they changed the grease in the previous 3 days) and the quarter pounders are awesome. Except I hate the spices they put on it. But, in order for you to get a fresh burger all you have to do is order it without the spices put on it. As far as the grilled chicken, it's cooked on a separate grill and steamed on the grill as well. I personally don't really like the flavor of it that much, I prefer Wendy's grilled chicken. Now, as far as Wendy's goes, I worked there before too, mmmmm they're good. The Jr. Bacon Cheeesburgers are off the hook although I prefer the quarter pounder from McD's. BUT, the spicy chicken @ wendy's is the greatest.

However, the double whopper w/cheese, mayo, lettuce, tomato and ketchup RULEZ J00!!!!!

Titanium_Jim
11-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Everything this guy said :withstupi except for the lettuce and tomato.

superdeathflame
11-06-2004, 03:12 PM
I thought McDonalds steamed their burgers rather than fried them?

You're thinking of steamed hams.

Scott S
11-06-2004, 05:19 PM
I was going to mention this if no one else did. He had a cardiologist, a regular physician, and a couple other doctors; at the end of the experiment they told him he would have to change his diet or he would die. He didn't exercise that I saw, but nothing except mcdonalds, doesn't really matter.

As opposed to people who eat healthy food and don't die?

JSully
11-06-2004, 06:17 PM
lol, of course..

I think there are too many health/individual related factors to figure in so I can't exactly take this guy's documentary to seriously.

Titanium_Jim
11-06-2004, 07:00 PM
As opposed to people who eat healthy food and don't die?
Over a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

I think there are too many health/individual related factors to figure in so I can't exactly take this guy's documentary to seriously.
Then watch it.

JSully
11-06-2004, 07:50 PM
Then watch it.

So what's that going to do for me?

They didn't do a study on 1,000 people. He did a study on HIMSELF. In my opinion not one person is the exact same unless they are an identical twin.

I worked at mcD's and ate there EVERY single day that I did. I worked 4-Close 5 nights per week. And I literally ate from 4-Close every night I worked. I ate everything they had, in massive amounts. The exercise I was getting was during school: weight training, and gym class. As well, I also ran 2 miles every day at lunch time.

I still wore a 32" waist jeans and was very healthy.

There are SEVERAL factors in an equation and obviously he has different factors than others.

And no, I'm not some ectormorph that can eat whatever he wants. I'm an endomorph that gets fat VERY easily. The reason I stayed skinny (not lean) was because I did all that running and exercise. I didn't gain much muscle and I hardly lost any fat. I stayed at a constant 15-17%bf range the entire time.

If needed I'll show pics of me while I worked there.

Shark
11-06-2004, 09:50 PM
All I have to say is that according to Supersize me, MCd's burger patties are so processed that each one contains meat from over 1000 different cows. Think about that next time you bite into your big-mac.

Vido
11-06-2004, 09:58 PM
All I have to say is that according to Supersize me, MCd's burger patties are so processed that each one contains meat from over 1000 different cows. Think about that next time you bite into your big-mac.

Is having meat from 1 cow better than from 1000 cows? I fail to see any relevance to this point.

JSully
11-06-2004, 10:20 PM
I'll think about that next time I bute into my double quarter pounder. If yer gonna eat bad, at least go for the gold and eat big.

I won't have mcD's or Burger King until at least mid January. And at that time I WILL think about all 1000 pieces of cow I'm eating. Cow is Cow.... period. It still says 100% beef on the box that I put in the freezer every Thursday morning unloading the truck. And ya know what, even if it ISN'T it still tastes good!!!

Shark
11-06-2004, 10:21 PM
Are you kidding me?? Fresh meat from 1 cow is better than meat from 1000 cows. Think about what has to go into the beef in order to keep it good from the time that it takes to kill the thousands of cows that are in it and grind them up and process them into little mcds pattys. Of course fresh meat that has no preservatives is better.

Scott S
11-06-2004, 10:45 PM
I'll think about that next time I bute into my double quarter pounder. If yer gonna eat bad, at least go for the gold and eat big.

That's 2000 cows right there!!~ ;)

Also, longetivity is overrated.

Maxgain
11-10-2004, 06:02 AM
How anyone can like their mc nuggets amazes me. I would never include chicken in the same sentence as them "Mc Frankensteins".

ryuage
11-10-2004, 06:55 AM
i wont lie I used to eat the mcnuggets all the time along time ago... now I cant stand anything from mcdonalds... except the breakfast sandwhiches maybe :) when on vacation that is.

Vido
11-10-2004, 12:03 PM
How anyone can like their mc nuggets amazes me. I would never include chicken in the same sentence as them "Mc Frankensteins".

The McNuggets are delicious, just like most of their food. If it wasn't so bad for you I'd be there every day.

PiKappaWRX
11-10-2004, 12:20 PM
so is there anything on the McD's menu that is decent for you?

JSully
11-10-2004, 06:12 PM
The McNuggets are delicious, just like most of their food. If it wasn't so bad for you I'd be there every day.

:withstupi

As well as Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell, and Arby's.

Mmmmmmmmmm :drooling:

Vido
11-10-2004, 07:05 PM
so is there anything on the McD's menu that is decent for you?

The McGrill's and everything from the Lighter Choices menu is "decent" for you. It's not ranking up there with tuna and oats, but it won't kill you.

usertim
11-10-2004, 07:08 PM
Taco Bell Taco's arn't bad for you, are they? I mean yeah, you got the sour cream... but rest is well?

Titanium_Jim
11-10-2004, 07:45 PM
Chicken mcnuggets are fantastic, but it's all about the macho beef burrito from del taco. 1170 calories, 60g protein, way too much cholesterol and 145% of your daily saturated fat intake.