PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast - Oatmeal and eggs

Kiaran
11-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I've been eating 3 eggs and 1.5 servings of oatmeal for breakfast nearly every day for the last 10 weeks. Needless to say, this morning I literrally was gagging trying to yak the breakfast down. I'm pretty burnt out on oatmeal and eggs. Could you guys post your favorite breakfast meals here or at least give me some ideas for some good substitutes for eggs and oatmeal. I don't think I can take another day of this crap :help:

Brad Cardoza
11-05-2004, 11:03 AM
I love mixing the following

1 meal replacement (opticen)
1 cup of instant oats
tablespoon or two of natty peanut butter
1 banana
20 oz of milk

Blend Blend Blend (**** load of good calories and quick going down)
Just let the oats sit in the milk for 15 min before blending

Kiaran
11-05-2004, 11:06 AM
are those 1 minute or 5 minute oats? I assume you mean 1 minute if you say 'instant'

RaginT
11-05-2004, 11:45 AM
I'm going to try that it looks good, right now i just put 3 packets of instant oatmeals into a plastic cup add boiling water and eat it as i walk to class. adding some protien to it sounds like an awesome idea.

mattburns
11-05-2004, 11:50 AM
instead of oats sometimes i eat muesli, or add stuff to my oats like raisins.

Lance
11-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Here's one if enjoyed alot in the past ... a little work to make but a damn good bodybuilding breakfast.

Egg whites
Fat free cheese
9?% lean turkey (i cube turkey patties)

That is a very high protein omelet my friend.

Vido
11-05-2004, 01:10 PM
Here's one if enjoyed alot in the past ... a little work to make but a damn good bodybuilding breakfast.

Egg whites
Fat free cheese
9?% lean turkey (i cube turkey patties)

That is a very high protein omelet my friend.

Bodybuilders are allowed to eat carbs and fat too...

Vido
11-05-2004, 01:11 PM
Eat whatever you want for breakfast, it's just another meal. You don't have to be eating "breakfast" foods. Have some chicken and rice, or steak and potatoes, it doesn't really matter.

JSully
11-05-2004, 08:21 PM
I like...

1 soft tortilla shell
8 total eggs, but only 2 yokes.
4 oz 2% fat sharp cheddar
1 piece of grilled chicken breast
pace picante sauce (optional)

scramble the eggs, grill the chicken.

cut the chicken up and mix the chicken and the eggs. put them both on the tortilla and sprinkle the cheese on top. also you can add mushrooms, peppers, onions or whatever you like. add the pace if you like it, then wrap it up like a burrito and eat. very filling and very tasty. :D mmmmmmm.. yummy

Praetorian
11-05-2004, 10:26 PM
i justhad a kebab for breakfast today

Vido
11-05-2004, 10:33 PM
I like...

1 soft tortilla shell

cut the chicken up and mix the chicken and the eggs. put them both on the tortilla and sprinkle the cheese on top. also you can add mushrooms, peppers, onions or whatever you like. add the pace if you like it, then wrap it up like a burrito and eat. very filling and very tasty. :D mmmmmmm.. yummy

That sounds delicious, but why are people so against yolks? When I'm bulking I'm putting back a miniumum of 8 whole eggs and up to 20 each day.

Dirt
11-05-2004, 10:56 PM
That sounds delicious, but why are people so against yolks? When I'm bulking I'm putting back a miniumum of 8 whole eggs and up to 20 each day.

:withstupi

ryuage
11-06-2004, 09:13 AM
hrmm..

1.5 cup oats w/2 tbsp natty pb tbsp unsweetened cocoa
some stiry fry veggies and chicken! :thumbup:

Asylum
11-06-2004, 10:18 AM
I like...

1 soft tortilla shell

Do you put any sort of seasoning on the chicken? That sounds really good. Any stats on the calories and dietary info on this meal? My mouth is watering just thinking about this. I love Mexican style food.

Brad Cardoza
11-07-2004, 01:17 PM
To tell you the truth, I don't even pay attention to which oats I use. I see quaker at the super market and I grab them. I have been experimenting with trying to make as many meals as possible in shake form, for some reason eating solid food has become somewhat tiresome for me. Also I could never stomach cottage cheese but now that I have started blending it with stuff i can finally hold it down. It's so easy to drink 1000 calories than it is to prepare and eat 1000 calories.

By the way tried the infamous tuna shake and puked all over the place, If you can hack that you're a champ in my book.

Scott S
11-07-2004, 01:22 PM

Because they're ******ed and scared of fat.

Frozenmoses
11-07-2004, 01:29 PM
Natty PB, whole wheat bread, milk, and a multivitamin is all I need in the morning. Mmmm.

Shark
11-07-2004, 03:14 PM
Because they're ******ed and scared of fat.

Cholesterol????

Vido
11-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Cholesterol????

Dietary cholesterol plays a negligible role in where your blood cholesterol is at.

ryuage
11-07-2004, 04:10 PM
i dont eat the yolks cuz to me a tbsp of pb taste better then a yolk anyday :D

Vido
11-07-2004, 04:59 PM

I can't disagree with that. I do, however, know that most people are afraid of the cholesterol and this is their reason.

JSully
11-07-2004, 05:00 PM

:withstupi

Agreed, not to mention, after 2 yokes it tastes the same whether there's 2 yokes in it or 8 yokes in it. Why have 8 yokes when I can have peanut butter in my protein shakes?

As far as seasoning, I season the chicken with lawry's seasoning salt and garlic powder.

I figured out the calories before, but I can't remember what it is now..

something like:
35g protein 14g fat -eggs
35g protein 3g fat - chicken
8g protein 3g carb 2g fat - lowfat cheddar cheese
3g protein 30g carb 2g fat - tortilla shell

that would be about 81g protein 35g carbs and 21g fat.

keep in mind thats APPROXIMATE values off the top of my head... total calories would be something along the lines of: 324 140 189 = 653 kcal

probably 100 cal give or take. but you get the idea.