PDA

View Full Version : CKD -- not clear on something, searched, still unclear

not_big_enuf
11-06-2004, 11:47 PM
If my carbub begins on Fri. Night and extends until Saturday night or midnight, that's about 24-30 hours.

Should I be doing 30 minutes of cardio Sunday morning and then nothing else Sunday night? Then, should I be doing a big workout Monday night?

or, should I be doing cardio Sunday morning and a my first workout Sunday night?

I'm confused, please help me out and tell me why I should one or the other.

Vido
11-06-2004, 11:53 PM
I don't know the specifics of the CKD diet, but it would make sense to do the workout the day after the carbload.

not_big_enuf
11-06-2004, 11:55 PM
yeah, that's the way i was looking at it too.

carbload Fri and Sat, and then workout Sunday.

should i do the cardio Sunday morning, then heavy workout Sunday night? or should the workout be another time? should i just skip the cardio?

help me clear up a few points....

Vido
11-07-2004, 12:51 AM
I think you should just skip the cardio that day personally.

not_big_enuf
11-07-2004, 08:21 AM
http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/mcdonald/training-on-ketogenic-diet.htm

Here's a link to Lyle McDonald's overview of CKD. It looks like cardio on Sunday to get into Ketoisis, but no workout (with Sunday also not being a carb day, just fri night and sat).

Hmm...

ryuage
11-07-2004, 08:25 AM
www.c-k-d.com

Scott S
11-07-2004, 09:30 AM
yeah, that's the way i was looking at it too.

carbload Fri and Sat, and then workout Sunday.

should i do the cardio Sunday morning, then heavy workout Sunday night? or should the workout be another time? should i just skip the cardio?

help me clear up a few points....

Don't...do...anything...but..eat...during...carbload.

not_big_enuf
11-07-2004, 09:44 AM
if my carbload is FRI night and ALL DAY SATURDAY, I can then get back into Ketosis and work out Sunday night, correct? or should i be waiting until monday for some reason?

Scott S
11-07-2004, 09:46 AM
if my carbload is FRI night and ALL DAY SATURDAY, I can then get back into Ketosis and work out Sunday night, correct? or should i be waiting until monday for some reason?

Get back into ketosis AFTER the workout. Otherwise, you've just wasted the whole carbload.

not_big_enuf
11-07-2004, 09:50 AM
so i should be working out Sunday morning then probably.

Scott S
11-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Right. Then do cardio that night if you wish, but it would only hamper recovery IMO.

not_big_enuf
11-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks Scott... Oh, BTW, I live in Crystal, MN :) about 25 minutes away from you. work out at Lifetime in Bloomington 3 days a week :)

Scott S
11-07-2004, 11:01 AM
Thanks Scott... Oh, BTW, I live in Crystal, MN :) about 25 minutes away from you. work out at Lifetime in Bloomington 3 days a week :)

Well whaddya know. :)

Interestingly enough, I've just accepted an engineering position back in Cedar Rapids. We'll have to meet up sometime before I move back.