PDA

View Full Version : Ud2 Cl

JSully
11-09-2004, 12:26 AM
OK, in the book Lyle said he loads off of Pasta/Milk/Cereal MAINLY!!

I was wondering about these 3 foods, if they would be suitable for the carb load:

Shredded Wheat <- not the type with all the sugar on it, I'll get plain then add equal
Wheat Chex: again, no sugar
Baked Beans: you know, like VanCamps Pork&Beans... mmm they're so tasty.

And of course I normally get a sh1tload of pasta w/Barilla spaghetti sauce. Also a bunch of bagels, and some dextrose from supplementdirect.com Generally, that would be all I would eat for my carb load, other than tons of milk for the cereal. Oh, and some oatmeal and brown rice.

How's that sound? I'll also try to keep my protein at regular 1g/lb and fat >50g.

Vido
11-09-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm sure you meant fat LESS than 50g ;) .

The cereals seem fine. I think Lyle says that you can eat children's cereals, so those shouldn't be a problem. The baked beans, I don't know. If the nutritional info is fine then go for it. Seems like they'd have a lot of extra protein and maybe even some fat.

Like I've said before, my best carbloads have been oats and brown rice solely, but if you do this you're not even looking forward to it.

JSully
11-09-2004, 01:04 AM
yes I meant LESS than 50g. LOL

The baked beans I get are van camps. They are 7g protein 42g carb and 1g fat per serving, and about 7 servings in a can.

I normally would just eat the whole cane. Tastes great. Plus I drain out all the juice. As far as extra protein, I'll just adjust the diet to take in less protein from meats. You know what I mean, I have to adjust it with the amount of pasta and bagels I take in too. One bagel has 10g protein and one serving pasta has like 3-4g protein as well. Well I normally take in 4-6 servings pasta and 4-6bagels....so of course I have to adjust. I don't eat much meat that day.

Yeah, I would like to do a carb load of oats and brown rice but I just don't know if it'd be worth it. Lyle says that it doesn't really matter what type of carbs you take in, because you're taking so many in such a little amount of time. Just as long as you keep sucrose and fructose low, as well as dietary fats he said it'd be fine. I'm just looking for opinions on to see if the cereal and such would make for a decent load. I think I'll try it seeing how I like wheat chex and shredded wheat, and I'll add some equal for some additional flavor. The beans I'll do too, and I'm going to try to stay away from dextrose, maybe 2-3 servings (75g per) throughout the day on friday and I'll probably have my bodyweight in dextrose twice before I go to bed as suggested. We'll see.

Vido
11-09-2004, 01:09 AM
The nutritional info on the beans looks good, so yeah, I'd say go for it.

You're going to have 2-3 x 75g + your bodyweight in dextrose twice? So, like 600+g dextrose? I still think that's WAY too much.

ryuage
11-09-2004, 02:00 AM
get some 1/3 sugar cocoa puffs and cinnamon toast crunch... yummmy

JSully
11-09-2004, 06:56 AM
The nutritional info on the beans looks good, so yeah, I'd say go for it.

You're going to have 2-3 x 75g + your bodyweight in dextrose twice? So, like 600+g dextrose? I still think that's WAY too much.

Lyle says the night of the tension workout, have your bodyweight in a carb shake, twice, before bed.

Then I figured I'd have a 2-3more 75g shakes throughout the day on friday to fit in some extra carbs in there.

Maybe I'll go without the 2-3 more 75g and just do the shakes at night.