PDA

View Full Version : Did you notice yourself getting bigger?

Canadian Crippler
11-09-2004, 03:52 PM
For those who have bulked up at 1 or 2 (or more) pounds a week, did you find that you noticed yourself getting bigger? Or did it take pics and other people for the realization?

I say this because I've gained 10 pounds in the last month and a half, but I personally can't see a difference.

Vido
11-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I usually have some idea if I'm getting bigger, but it's people that haven't seen you for some time that really notice.

ryuage
11-09-2004, 04:08 PM
:withstupi

taking pictures will help, but usually people around notice the difference.

mattburns
11-09-2004, 04:20 PM
im in the same boat as you, ive put on around 15lbs but i only really noticed the difference when i looked over old pics, havent had any comments except of my bird, but shes the only one who sees me naked :p

Mr. ?
11-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Like everyone has said it usually takes someone who hasn't seen you for a while that will notice and point it out to you. Both my brother and my mom said something to me last week about how I look like I have put on a few pounds. Me of course had to look at my pictures to really notice. For example I was 132lbs 3 years ago when I got married. Now I am over 150lbs and I don't think when I look in the mirror, " man I have put on some weight". When you see yourself everyday it doesn't dawn on you.

Try closing your eyes for 2 months starting now and keep working out and eating. I'll bet when you open them come January and look at yourself in the mirror you will notice a difference. :p

TheGimp
11-09-2004, 04:44 PM
I'm with everyone else. It's only by taking pics at regular intervals that I notice any progress :)

shootermcgavin7
11-09-2004, 06:23 PM
I usually have some idea if I'm getting bigger, but it's people that haven't seen you for some time that really notice.

Damn Vido, this is one of the most insightful comments I have ever seen on these boards.

When I went to my highschool reunion, no one recongnized me.
And to be honest, if I threw up a pic, no one on here would believe that I am 215lb, I'd have to take a picture of the scale or something.

(Edit: I've put on about 70 lbs since high school for reference; and can still wear the same waist size in pants)

BlingMeter
11-09-2004, 07:17 PM
:withstupi im with everyone... cept myself can def see my forearms getting thicker gotta love hammers. ppl say my heads to smell for my body what do they know :swear:

ozzyman
11-09-2004, 07:20 PM
I gained 16 pounds and kinda noticed but I sure didnt think it looked like that much..... We have civilians who work in our shop during the winter and when they came back their first question was if I had been working out cause I looked bigger :clap: