PDA

View Full Version : Overdid a cheat day and survived

BMMack
11-10-2004, 08:04 AM
I recently tightened up my diet a lot-- eliminating all bread products, all dairy, etc. And I was doing fine with just chicken, tuna, broccoli, cauliflower, etc., but the temptation started getting to me. So, on Saturday, I gave myself a cheat day. I ate a Whopper and small fries for lunch, and a 10 oz NY strip for dinner.
Now, I think that was overdoing it. On Monday, I was up 2lbs. But now, two days later, I'm back down and I assume still dropping.
So my question is this:
How much harm is done to your diet if you really cave and give yourself the things you crave, even though they're really sh***y foods (i.e. fast food)?

Geeper
11-10-2004, 08:10 AM
One day a week? None.

There's actually studies that show that the day after a binge eating fest your body burns twice as many calories because it's expecting that same input the next day.

There's also alot of studies around carb loading days and even a low protien day once a week.

Throw all this info together and once a week, on Sudays, I let my self eat ANYTHING I want and as much as I want. I've already bought the big yogurt container and the bag of Cheetos, oh, and I always get 1/2 dozen dounuts!!!!

Mind you the longer you are on a diet the healthier your cheat days become. Guarenteed Eating just what I listed I'll come close to getting sick where as when I started dieting I could eat 4 bags of chips, MacDonalds (which just turns my stomach now), a couple of Dairy Queen Blizzards, and a couple of liter of pop no trouble.

(pop.... hum... I haven't had pop in 2 years. Maybe this cheat day..... maybe??????)

toughguywannabe
11-10-2004, 08:25 AM
There's actually studies that show that the day after a binge eating fest your body burns twice as many calories because it's expecting that same input the next day.

that's true the 5-10% of the calories u consume get burned just from the digestion process alone.. protein being the nutrient that takes the most energy to digest and fat being the easiest to digest.. i also heard drinking cold water burns calories (not many tho) b/c it takes energy to heat up the water but that all might be a crock of sh1t.. no science behind the water thing but i beleive the food thing is true..

JustinF
11-10-2004, 08:45 AM
You call that a cheat? ;)

JustinF
11-10-2004, 08:47 AM
And no, I wouldn't worry about your cheat day.

ryuage
11-10-2004, 09:37 AM
You call that a cheat? ;)

:withstupi:

lol!!

ryuage
11-10-2004, 09:39 AM
for me thats like before the crack of dawn :evillaugh:

Max-Mex
11-10-2004, 10:22 AM
I find that after eating a good sized steak, I will always weigh a bit more the next day. I have a feeling it just longer for my body to digest beef. It seems to only happen with beef.

geoffgarcia
11-10-2004, 10:25 AM
I recently tightened up my diet a lot-- eliminating all bread products, all dairy, etc. And I was doing fine with just chicken, tuna, broccoli, cauliflower, etc., but the temptation started getting to me. So, on Saturday, I gave myself a cheat day. I ate a Whopper and small fries for lunch, and a 10 oz NY strip for dinner.
Now, I think that was overdoing it. On Monday, I was up 2lbs. But now, two days later, I'm back down and I assume still dropping.check on day 3 and day 4.
For myself it takes 3 days for the food to turn into weight (discovered this after much diet tracking)

Vido
11-10-2004, 12:06 PM
I only wish I could eat that little on a cheat day :(

Don't sweat it at all bro.

Thunderwulf
11-10-2004, 12:12 PM
Back in Aug I had a cheat week. Went camping down in the OBX. Didn't watch my diet that much. Ate steak, crab, potatoes even had s'mores every night.

Got back home and got on the scale..

Lost 5 lbs.

Go fig. :)

Shark
11-10-2004, 12:12 PM
My cheat day usually starts with a box of honeycomb. A whole box. Then I think about lunch and dinner. Of course, I'm not doing any of that anymore. Honeycomb is bad. Bad. Bad. I just need to keep telling myself that.

Thunderwulf
11-10-2004, 12:33 PM
My cheat day usually starts with a box of honeycomb. A whole box. Then I think about lunch and dinner. Of course, I'm not doing any of that anymore. Honeycomb is bad. Bad. Bad. I just need to keep telling myself that.

Its the same with me and Golden Grahms..

Vido
11-10-2004, 12:36 PM
I know people that bulk eating boxes of cereal daily...a real cheat consists of the basics: pizza, baked goods, and beer.

Max-Mex
11-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Nah, for me it's beef. Lots of it. Flour tortillas. Oh, and tons of guacamole.

Vido
11-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Nah, for me it's beef. Lots of it. Flour tortillas. Oh, and tons of guacamole.

mmmmmmm Mexican food :drooling: *rushes off to Taco Bell*

ryuage
11-10-2004, 02:51 PM
mmmmmmm Mexican food :drooling: *rushes off to Taco Bell*

thats not mexican food.

Vido
11-10-2004, 02:57 PM
thats not mexican food.

close enough :swear:

Dirt
11-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Now, I think that was overdoing it. On Monday, I was up 2lbs. But now, two days later, I'm back down and I assume still dropping.
So my question is this:
How much harm is done to your diet if you really cave and give yourself the things you crave, even though they're really sh***y foods (i.e. fast food)?

Looks to me like you underdid that cheat day. No high GI carbs, no 5000 cal meals at a fast food joint, no baked goods (pies :drooling: ), not even a bowl of icecream. For shame... tuttut

ryuage
11-10-2004, 04:10 PM
i know 2 occasions when on vacation where i ate like crap for a month like the end of the world was coming :)

getfit
11-10-2004, 04:13 PM
god do cheat days feel good sometimes! chessecake, pizza oh my :)

ryuage
11-10-2004, 04:15 PM
i dont even really crave the food... its just something to do in a sense when out and about... probably end up eating like crap this weekend even though Im telling myself im not... and I usually crave clean foods like oatmeal and chicken haha..

getfit
11-10-2004, 04:19 PM
exactly i rarely have them but when i do i kinda go crazy:) i'm with ya on craving the clen foods i live by it but a cheesecake wouldn't be that bad hahaha!

ryuage
11-10-2004, 04:29 PM
i think i do it more for the fact of they are considered "forbidden" more then actually craving the food =\ lol...