PDA

View Full Version : Say Goodbye to your Weakest Link By Mike Mahler - November

Joe Black
11-10-2004, 05:39 PM
http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=173

Discuss away!

ryuage
11-13-2004, 06:39 AM
i've never tried to do more sets/reps with a smaller/weaker body part... why not just do the same amount of work for both and they will eventually catch up... or you'll be huge enough that you wont be able to tell the difference anyway.

BigNic
11-13-2004, 07:05 AM
Well, after read the article throughly, taking notes, and reveiwing some other sources i have, ive come to the conclusion that the first sentence of the article is hilarious

Maki Riddington
11-15-2004, 09:16 PM
i've never tried to do more sets/reps with a smaller/weaker body part... why not just do the same amount of work for both and they will eventually catch up... or you'll be huge enough that you wont be able to tell the difference anyway.

In a perfect world this might be the case, however if a weak link is limiting the rest of your body, I'd work on attacking that particular muscle/muscles by either increasing the volume or switching to unilateral training.

Kc Banks
11-21-2004, 10:48 PM
At first I thought I should just keep training and wait on my left arm to catch up. Guess what? It didn't. Eventually, I could do five easy reps with 70 pounds with my left arm, but by then I was up to eight easy reps with my right. As my left arm was getting stronger, so was my right and the imbalance prevailed. Not only was this imbalance frustrating, it was potentially dangerous. Guess what happens when you do bilateral exercises (two arm movements) with a weak link? The stronger body part does more work than the weaker body part, of course! This will eventually lead to a serious injury, especially as the weights get heavier.

I so agree, with that statement from that article. I can do bicep curls of 30 so easily with my right arm 3sets 10 reps, but with my left arm it gets more tired then my right. I think Im going to keep working at 30 lbl. 3set 10 reps tell my left arm gets stronger, and maybe not do many reps on my right arm.

dissipate
12-31-2004, 08:49 PM
just found this article and i'm printing it out! i thought it was about core training at first and skipped it because i was looking for articles on muscle imbalance.