PDA

View Full Version : Is 200 high cholesterol

snow
11-11-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm only 20, and my cholesterol a few months ago was 200. I can't recall what my LDL, HDL, or triglycerides were at. And any suggestions of foods that help lower it?

EviscerationX
11-11-2004, 01:05 AM
Depends on what kind of cholesterol it is...and if that's the bad kind, that is very high.

Where'd you get that number from? A doctor? I'm sure they would have told you if your cholesterol is bad or not. Or did you just make that up?

snow
11-11-2004, 01:12 AM
lol.. no, I didn't make it up, I had a blood test a long time ago, but my doctor never followed up with me after I received my results via mail. I remembered 200, but I can't find my results as of the moment.

200 is my overall cholesterol, not specifically my LDL (the bad).

EviscerationX
11-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Your doctor is an idiot. You should go get another check-up. Your cholesterol could be way different this time around...better or worse. Some people's cholesterol can be naturally high, and no diet can lower it. Bad cholesterol can be genetic as well. There are some prescriptions that you can get that will help lower your cholesterol. But not to say, that good exercise and cardio won't at least prevent bad cholesterol.

But again...if it's been a long time, you should go get checked up again to know where you currently stand with your health...and get the response from the doctor this time =)

Rex
11-11-2004, 12:26 PM
200 for total cholesterol is in the normal range. 200 for LDL would be pretty high. If in doubt have some more blood taken.

not_big_enuf
11-11-2004, 01:32 PM
200 is not your bad cholesterol dude, don't worry about it. if it is, you probably are gonna be dead before you read this.

i'm sure it's your overall, especially at 20 yearls old unless you have HORRIBLE genetics and have eaten total crap every day, every meal... ever.

don't be too scared... you're average :)