PDA

View Full Version : Cutting frustration

Draven_Fenix
11-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Ok... it is very strange. I have cut out calories, have been doin cardio, and changed my workout a little so I don't burn myself out. I've been doing this for three weeks now. I have lost no weight and am still at the same bf%. Something is not right. I am eating as nutritiously as possible(no soda, little sat fat, enough protien/carbs) why isn't this working? Also, I am constantly fluctuating in weight and bf. I will go down 2 lbs overnight and my bf will drop from 21 to 19.5 but then all of the sudden, weight will go back up and so will bf. It's strange. Any suggestions?

geoffgarcia
11-11-2004, 02:10 PM
its actually perfectly normaly.

Your body consumes energy to run all of its functions, your heart, brain, lungs, etc rely on fuel. As fuel is consumed weight is lost.
Your body also consumes and expels water through your skin, sweat, respiration, etc.

As soon as you wake up in the AM your body is the most dehydrated and lightest that it will be for the entire day (assuming you eat/drink during the day). A 0.5-2% fluctuation in weight is not abnormal at all.

Unless you track your diet and weight and tell us your weekly averages its difficult for us to provide input on what you might be doing wrong.
If your not tracking your calories then its impossible for us to say where your diet is off.

Frozenmoses
11-11-2004, 02:19 PM
:withstupi

Draven_Fenix
11-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Well, my diet is not exact. I don't have the time to write down everything but I pretty much eat the same thing everyday except for dinner. Carnation instant breakfast and slimfast bar in the morning (around 400 cals). Two zone perfect bars @10(around 420 cals) sandwhich, carrots, and some fruit for lunch(around 4-500 cals), tuna and crackers(4-500 cals), a protien shake (350 cals) and dinner which ranges from around 4-700 cals depending on what I eat and how hungry I am after Karate. I usually don't eat dinner till after 9:00. That is basically what I eat everyday. My parents are lazy so that is all I really have around the house. Uh, as far as weight I have lost... I was at about 175 and now I fluctuate between 172 and 170 plus or minus. I don't know if this is enough info, but if it helps with telling my what I may be doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Frozenmoses
11-11-2004, 02:36 PM
www.fitday.com

This needs to be your best friend.

Achille
11-11-2004, 03:04 PM
I dont think you are estimating your calories acurately.Try fitday.com like you've been told and keep a detailed log of what you eat and of your bodyweight for a couple of weeks in order to estimate your maintenance level, then cut 500 cals from it and if you dont see any results like in a week or so cut 500 more and so on. Changing those bars with real food like whole grain cereals, egg whites etc might also be a good idea IMO

Vido
11-12-2004, 01:06 PM
I dont think you are estimating your calories acurately.Try fitday.com like you've been told and keep a detailed log of what you eat and of your bodyweight for a couple of weeks in order to estimate your maintenance level, then cut 500 cals from it and if you dont see any results like in a week or so cut 500 more and so on. Changing those bars with real food like whole grain cereals, egg whites etc might also be a good idea IMO

:withstupi

briancurran01
11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
from what you posted you are not eating enough...i weigh 239 cutting down from 250...i take in 2500 calories a day

i take in 1 to 1.5 grams er body weight
around 100 carbs a day
and the rest fat

i also refeed every week where i take in the majority in carbs same amout of protein less fat... in the last 3 weeks i have lost 7 pounds...i was in the same boat you were until i tightened everything up

good luck

briancurran01
11-12-2004, 02:33 PM
also on the refeed day i bump the calories to 3200

Draven_Fenix
11-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Can you explain the refeed thing to me a little more?

Sleepr
11-14-2004, 10:48 AM
http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:4m_Dwjioj6MJ:www.wannabebig.com/article.php%3Farticleid%3D114%26pageid%3D3+planned%2Boverfeeding&hl=en

Personally, I do it for mental reasons. On a cut phase, I get burnt out after a couple weeks and need to eat like a maniac at least once a week to keep myself going.