PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Frozenmoses
11-12-2004, 03:30 PM
Okay, I've come to a crossroads in my dieting. I'm approaching the 8 week mark on my cut, and I'm having trouble deciding what I should do. When I started the cut, I was 174 lbs. I'm currently around 162-164 lbs, and I'm pretty pleased as I haven't lost too fast, and I've been getting a little bit stronger. What concerns me is that my metabolism has slowed, and I'm down to ~1900 calories/day to continue fatloss with a weekly refeed. I still have a sizable amount of fat on me, and you can see the pics in my journal (link in my sig).

So, my question is: Should I continue cutting until I achieve a lean physique, or should I start a slow bulk (0.5 lbs/week gain) for 6 weeks, and then do another cut. What would you do in my situation? Right now I'm leaning towards a slow bulk to get my metabolism back up, but I really hate the bodyfat I'm carrying right now. Don't ask me to choose, just tell me what you would do given my circumstances.

Vido
11-12-2004, 05:43 PM
Bulk back up a bit and then do UD2 or PSMF...far more effective and efficient than just cutting cals a bit.

ryuage
11-12-2004, 07:04 PM
its all up to you.... do you want to lose more fat... or do you want to gain muscle?

Frozenmoses
11-12-2004, 08:16 PM
ryu you punk! I said I wanted to know what j00 would do!

Frozenmoses
11-12-2004, 09:10 PM
Vido - Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a really good idea. Do you have any links that outline PSMF that I can read up on? I've browsed some at bodyrecomposition.com and have found some of the basics, but there are still some things I'm not sure about.

Manveet
11-12-2004, 10:27 PM
Vido - Thanks for the advice, that sounds like a really good idea. Do you have any links that outline PSMF that I can read up on? I've browsed some at bodyrecomposition.com and have found some of the basics, but there are still some things I'm not sure about.

What are you not sure about?

There is an entire sticky on that site.

Vido
11-12-2004, 10:58 PM
What are you not sure about?

There is an entire sticky on that site.

:withstupi

If you have any specific questions, give me a PM bro. I'm happy to help.

Frozenmoses
11-13-2004, 12:21 AM
Manveet - Guess I missed it. Sorry. I'll go back and look.

Vido - Thanks man, I appreciate your help.