PDA

View Full Version : WHAT IS THE BEST DIET PLAN FOR MUSCLE BUILDING OUT THERE???

pr3
11-08-2001, 09:12 PM
Well, I must be going through some fitness renaissance in terms of revitalizing my whole plan. I've been at the same level for about 9 months now, and it'stime to kick into high gear (not that kind!).

So my diet in the past few months can be described as willing, trying but like an open marriage. I tend to find ways to eat at least 5 or 6 meals a day (some meals include big breakfast, drinking whey protein, eating raisinets for snacks, eating lunch, eating a fruit, and of course dinner), but the open marriage comes into play when I sort of ease on with Wendy's, or 'forget' to eat tuna for a month (and this idea came out of my presumption or rather 'convincing manner that I was just BULKING UP with fatty foods, LOL, not funny but convincing to say the least!)...so you get the idea! My diet is not disciplined! And i need you guys to help me shape it into high gear and full-discipline mode!

Give me your ideas and please, if possible, be specific in the kinds of things to eat.

Thanks!:help:

Wizard
11-09-2001, 02:25 AM
You can:

[list=1]
Increase your daily protein intake
To accelerate the muscle building process.1-1,5grams per lb of bodyweight.
Increase your daily carbohydrate intake
Ingesting 2-2,5 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight daily will ensure that you won't waste your protein for energy but use it for muscle repair and building.
Eat the right fats
Like omega-3 and monounsaturated fats.
Increase Rest Intervals During Training
For better recovery.
Eat more frequent meals every day
To increase the absorption of macros.
Have an "anabolic" postworkout meal
Having high GI sugars with whey after a training session promotes faster and better anabolism and recovery.Aim for ~2,5grams of carbs for every gram of protein.
Experiment with high reps
High reps or training until failure will help you build more lean muscle mass.Low reps-high weights is used primaly for strenght training.
Avoid excess sodium intake
That's to avoid excess water retention,something that could make you believe that you are gaining a lot of fat and thus destroy -mentally- your muscle building attempt.
[/list=1]

pr3
11-12-2001, 08:34 PM
Thanks Wizard. I appreciate the info, it will help out. I'm ignorant to certain terminology,what kind of fat is omega-3?

And as for the rest of you, c'mon help me out with more suggestions please--specifics!

Thanks!:help: :help: :help: :help:

Marcel
11-12-2001, 11:15 PM
omega-3 fat would be flaxseed oil. Also you can get udo's oil which is a blend of all the essential fatty acids. Last and not least olive oil which is omega-9.:cool:

Wizard
11-12-2001, 11:37 PM
Yeah,buy an EFA's (essential fatty acids like omega3-omega6) mix and have 2 tablespoons per day.Also have a tablespoon of olive oil.

pr3
11-13-2001, 09:18 AM
Thanks, but do I get this oil at the supermarket? ( I already cook with Olive Oil). And these fatty acids, are they healthy fat and is the purpose of them to bulk?

Thanks (sorry for my igorance...):(

Wizard
11-13-2001, 09:25 AM
1.You can get an EFA's blend in GNC or in any supp store.

2.Try to buy only extra virgin olive oil.

3.Their purpose is to aid you on the maintainance of a healthy body.Whether you use them in a bulk-up or a cut-up diet is your issue.
Remember that their consumption may be more important when you're cutting!

Reinier
11-13-2001, 09:51 AM
"Experiment with high reps
High reps or training until failure will help you build more lean muscle mass.Low reps-high weights is used primaly for strenght training"

I did sets of 18 reps till failure on all exercises for a year and gained no strength and no mass.

Wizard
11-13-2001, 10:30 AM
So,your diet was not good.

Spiderman
11-13-2001, 11:08 AM
Reiner, you must've been doing something wrong then. That kind of a flat routine isn't really recomended bro. ;)

pr3,
So your diet wasn't good....now you know you need to fix it. What Wizard said was some good advice. Good foods would be...

Brown Rice
Whole Wheat Pasta
Yams/Sweet Potatoes
Oatmeal
Whole Wheat Bread
Multi-Grain Bread
Great Harvest Bread Co. Bread ( :thumbup: )
Eggs
Tuna
Lean Beef
Chicken
Turkey
Venison
Elk
Low-Fat Cheese
Peanut Butter
Fat-Free/Low-Fat Butter

Is that a good start?

Tryska
11-13-2001, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by spideyongear

Fat-Free/Low-Fat Butter

umm..what?

Wizard
11-13-2001, 11:28 AM
Maybe low fat spread?

Good advice Spidey.Reinier,just add some flax seed and it's ace.

You should take care of consuming an adequate amount of calories which are needed in order to grow.You should increase your calories if you don't see any gains coming and also sleep up to 8 hours,have rest days etc..

Spiderman
11-13-2001, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by Tryska

umm..what?

What "what?" :confused:

Tryska
11-13-2001, 11:45 AM
fat free/lowfat butter.

no such thing, i don't think. seeing as butter in essence is a fat. you mean liek the margarines and spreads like wizard said?

if so, do they even have fat free margarine type spreads? if so, what the hell are these things made of?!

Wizard
11-13-2001, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Tryska

if so, do they even have fat free margarine type spreads? if so, what the hell are these things made of?!
They're made of air...
A low fat butter has 30grams of fat/100 rams of product.

Tryska
11-13-2001, 12:18 PM
*lmao*

what have we come to, that we actually have frankenstein foods like low-fat fat?! *looks at the greaseman*

Wizard
11-13-2001, 12:27 PM
Hehe!
IMO,it's better to eat the ole good lard ass butter or at least a reduced fat alternative but in smaller portions than eating a ton of things that we can't imagine what they're made of.
Looks at a killed rat in the right corner of his room while eating a slice of whole wheat bread toped with 0% fat butter

Spiderman
11-13-2001, 01:50 PM
Ok, well its not Completely and utterly Fat-Free. But the FDA has guidelines about that. In order for something to be labeled Fat-Free it has to have less than .5 g fat per serving. If you look at the ingredients on some of this stuff there'll be a little asterisk next to an ingredient and at the bottom it says...
"Adds a trivial amount of fat." Clear things up for ya?

the doc
11-13-2001, 02:34 PM
low fat butter???...lol

whipped air?

The_Chicken_Daddy
11-13-2001, 02:38 PM
It's like when you buy some thing that has no relation to nuts whatsoever, and yet the label has 'may contain traces of nuts'.

Wizard
11-13-2001, 03:11 PM
Yeah,thing about buying a low fat butter and checking the label out and reading:It may contain some mg's of butter

Alex.V
11-13-2001, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by spideyongear
Ok, well its not Completely and utterly Fat-Free. But the FDA has guidelines about that. In order for something to be labeled Fat-Free it has to have less than .5 g fat per serving. If you look at the ingredients on some of this stuff there'll be a little asterisk next to an ingredient and at the bottom it says...
"Adds a trivial amount of fat." Clear things up for ya?

hahaha. Serving size: .5 grams.

Wizard
11-13-2001, 03:19 PM
He meant 0.5 grams of fat/serving.He didn't state the weight of each serving...