PDA

View Full Version : what kind of diet? please help

jworm49
11-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Hello everyone, I new to lifting and have some diet qwestions. I am 28/m six feet and about 170lbs. the only place I realy have a noticeable fat is in my mid section. Right now I can only bench about 130lbs. my goals for now are to flaten my stomach and put up my weght on the bench press. I'm not sure if I sould go with a high calorie diet to build muscel in the hopes that it will burn away at my gut or if I should cut calories to try and loose the gut. I'm afraid if I do the later that I will not be getting what I need to build the muscel I want. I want to gain weight not loose it but I want this damn gut GONE. Also aside from diet how much cardio shoul I be doing along with lifting? Thanks for the help.

crazedwombat
11-13-2004, 07:49 PM
You cant target your midsection. I wouldnt worry about cutting or anything of that sort yet. I would eat clean, eat more. keep lifting to gain mass and incorporate a cardio 3-4 times a week. 25-30 min. do this and your belly will disappear, especially when the chest is built bigger than the gut. as long as the chest sticks out further than the gut, then all is good.