PDA

View Full Version : do you take post and pre workouts supplements when you just do cardio

trooperplayer
11-14-2004, 04:26 PM
i need to know because in foot ball we just gon outside and run drills for about 45 minutes on tues and wen

Ak47
11-14-2004, 08:10 PM
It matters which supplements?And if your bulking and your doing cardio I'd suggest more cals those days..

Vido
11-14-2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, I don't know what supplements you're talking about. You should have something in your stomach beforehand (but not enough that it will make you puke), and definitely eat afterwards.

roidaroonie
11-14-2004, 09:38 PM
I might take some type of thermogenic drink here and there about 30 min before a cardio session, but nothing else really. After my cardio, I do take in a protien shake with water, I cut my post workout sugar intake from about 70-80 grams to about 40. The only difference is I will wait a half an hour after cardio workout for the post workout shake and sugar source, unlike lifting where I'll pound it as soon as I'm finished. However, on days I lift, then do cardio right after, I will drink my shake as soon as I get home from the gym.