PDA

View Full Version : HELP ! I want to eat alot but theres only so many choices..

Newbie2004
11-14-2004, 05:08 PM
ok so i want to up my calories but theres only so much u can eat
and to my knowledge u gota avoid things high in carbs and saturated fats so that just leaves my options even more limited

heres what i had yesterfday

breakfast

2 eggs
cereal with flax seed and cranberries
banana
belgian waffle

lunch
sandwich with
turkey avocado tomato cheese

big bowl of spinach salad

dinner:

two pieces of salmon steaks
broccoli

and i also had a serving of muscle milk after my workout

what should i be adding?

mattburns
11-14-2004, 05:19 PM
why are you avoiding high carb foods? assuming your on a bulk of course.

read the sticky "what a bodybuilder eats" anyhoo.

zen
11-14-2004, 05:27 PM
"help, I want to eat nothing, but there's so many choices."

I only said that because it is the reality of my situation, and I want you to know that my dilema is worse that yours. I see sooooooo many things I'd love to eat and I can't.

Stop looking at food (and weight gain) as work.

csuFearDaRam
11-14-2004, 05:41 PM

I only said that because it is the reality of my situation, and I want you to know that my dilema is worse that yours. I see sooooooo many things I'd love to eat and I can't.

exactly. i pray for the day i can go on a bulk. ive been on a cut now for over a year (dropped around 110 lbs so far). i have about 10-15 more lbs to go then its bulk time. in a few months once i start bulking ill have no problem eating 4000+ calories a day, it will be like im in heaven.

Newbie2004
11-15-2004, 08:10 PM

I mean i want to eat alot of things too i would lvoe to eat chilli cheese fries
burgers and shakes, etc. but those things are all really high in saturated fat.

how can i bulk up yet still be toned and maintain a low body fat
if i eat a bunch of high calorie junk food?

BigRic
11-15-2004, 08:15 PM
How old are you what are your stats?

BlingMeter
11-15-2004, 08:17 PM
if u cant eat. DRINK IT!!

RBC13
11-15-2004, 08:25 PM
You only avoid high carb foods if you are cycling or trying to get rid of water weight/ready for competition

RichLockyer
11-16-2004, 08:27 PM
how can i bulk up yet still be toned and maintain a low body fat if i eat a bunch of high calorie junk food?
You can't... at least not outside of the lab.
If you knew exactly, from day to day, what your body's macro and caloric needs were, then you could consume exactly enough food to promote muscle growth, with no addition to fat. In reality, that ain't gonna happen unless you have access to the equipment used by the Soviet Women's Gymnastic Team.

That's the point of bulk and cut. You go overboard on your intake (but still clean!), which provides enough caloric surplus for good, solid musclular gains.
Unfortunately, it IS going to bulk up your "insulation" as well.

Get to your target weight, then begin a cut cycle. When you're done, you'll be 5-10 pounds heavier than you were when you started, but you'll be at the same BF%... and you will lose some muscle mass on the cut cycle.

The thing that throws me is that I'm not 100% sure that this really is the proper forum for you. The photos that you are using as examples of "ideal" in "the industry" are not photos of bodybuilders... they are photos of models who have very low BF%, but really don't have more than an average muscular size. They seem particularly weak in the legs. Most of the information you'll get here is geared more toward someone working towards more of an Arnold body style, rather than the Chuck Norris look.

BlingMeter
11-16-2004, 08:33 PM
dont say u cant. U sure as hell can bulk and keep some of the fat off.

Unless hes trying to say bulk and maintain a 6pack. then no u cant

RichLockyer
11-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Unless hes trying to say bulk and maintain a 6pack. then no u cant
That's what he's wanting to do. He's a model, so needs to always be ready for a photo shoot. He also seems incredibly obsessed with abs and the hip flexors. Of course, focus on abs, especially when one is lacking the genetics, generally leaves one WAY too skinny.

Even the legendary Steve Reeves did not display a classic 6-pack.

BlingMeter
11-16-2004, 11:16 PM
lol ya then dont get ur hopes up to much on getting big. ya need the fat man!