PDA

View Full Version : Are Carbs good for getting bigger and lifting more???

TheWhoa04
11-14-2004, 10:01 PM
OK, I read somewhere that some bodybuilders take in more carbs than protein on daily lifting days. That their diets are based mainly of; 1. Carbs, 2. Protein, 3. Fat.

I'm not trying to be a bodybuilder, but I am trying to get bigger and alot stronger, also to gain weight, so should I eat just as many carbs as protein but still take in a high amount of protein???

another reason is that I ate 2 boxes of cookies over the weekend, and now I fee guilty because I won't be able to go to the gym until tommorrow. :whiner:

Ak47
11-14-2004, 10:34 PM
OK, I read somewhere that some bodybuilders take in more carbs than protein on daily lifting days. That their diets are based mainly of; 1. Carbs, 2. Protein, 3. Fat.

I'm not trying to be a bodybuilder, but I am trying to get bigger and alot stronger, also to gain weight, so should I eat just as many carbs as protein but still take in a high amount of protein???

another reason is that I ate 2 boxes of cookies over the weekend, and now I fee guilty because I won't be able to go to the gym until tommorrow. :whiner:

How does that work? your not trying to body build but trying to get bigger, stronger and gain weight? lol.

And yes carbs are good, thats my diet i take 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% fat.

TheWhoa04
11-14-2004, 10:58 PM
How does that work? your not trying to body build but trying to get bigger, stronger and gain weight? lol.

And yes carbs are good, thats my diet i take 40% carbs 40% protein and 20% fat.

Bodybuilding as in cutting up and trying to look a certain way. I'm lifting for strength speed, and size. Powerlifters get bigger, stronger, and gain weight but they are definitely not bodybuilders.

Thanks for the response though
:thumbup: