PDA

View Full Version : So I finally bought some Weight gain supplement and..

John04Civic
11-14-2004, 11:18 PM
I am scared to use it, because I am unsure of how many times a day should I take it? I was thinking twice, once after the workout and on early in the morning. I am also scared of if the weight will turn into fat, and not turn into muscular growth.. What should I do to maximize a positive gain from using the supplement?

Here is what I have:

GNC Pro Performance Weight Gainer 1850 and Mega Men Dietary supplement Tablets (I was told these give me the organic vitamins I needed)

Thoughts? Thanks for reading,

John

Vido
11-14-2004, 11:23 PM
You need to know how many calories you're currently taking and how many you should be taking in daily. Then, you just fill in the difference with the weight gainer (or preferably real food). Pre, post, or during the workout is the best time to use it...breakfast would be second best.

John04Civic
11-15-2004, 05:00 PM
I see, thanks a bunch Vido. When I write down X amount of calories I need to eat per day, does it hurt to go slightly above or below the mark? I am afraid my schedule often bounches around (classes, homework, work, etc.) and that is why I am afraid to attempt a set schedule when it comes to fitness.

Thanks again,

John

RichLockyer
11-15-2004, 05:20 PM
I see, thanks a bunch Vido. When I write down X amount of calories I need to eat per day, does it hurt to go slightly above or below the mark? I am afraid my schedule often bounches around (classes, homework, work, etc.) and that is why I am afraid to attempt a set schedule when it comes to fitness.
A weekly average is fine so long as you aren't TOO far off, except on a refeed/cheat day when you're going to be 1-2k higher than normal.

John04Civic
11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
A weekly average is fine so long as you aren't TOO far off, except on a refeed/cheat day when you're going to be 1-2k higher than normal.

I think I will do weekly instead of daily then, it sounds much easier to manage, because there is some days when I can't eat that much at all because I am busy (just only at night)

Thanks again,

John

RichLockyer
11-16-2004, 08:08 PM
I think I will do weekly instead of daily then, it sounds much easier to manage, because there is some days when I can't eat that much at all because I am busy (just only at night)

Like I said... as long as you're not too far off. You don't want to be skipping meals and taking in only 5-600 calories on some days and 2500 on others.
Meal replacement bars are a fairly decent source of 300 calories, and the better ones are a decent balance of macros. I like Promax, but they are very high in sugar and not a good "everyday" MRB.