PDA

View Full Version : My typical diet / rules...looking for critics!

TheAccuser
11-15-2004, 01:44 PM
First, stats/info on me. I am 26 years old and weigh about 175 lbs with fairly low body fat. See the pics below...not the greatest, just some webcam pics:

http://www.lastoria.com/pics/tim/Picture13.jpg http://www.lastoria.com/pics/tim/Picture60.jpg

I've recently started training again. Without going into details, I train the following:

Sunday: Chest, Biceps
Monday: Legs
Tuesday: Off
Wednesday: Shoulders
Thursday: Back
Friday: Triceps, Biceps
Saturday: Off

I also am doing 30 - 45 min of cardio 3 days/week, with abs and calfs those days. I am doing this first thing in the morning, which brings me to my diet.

On the days I am doing cardio, I don't eat anything until after my cardio. After cardio I eat either 2 cups of cantalope/apples, or a small bowl of oatmeal. Then I'll shower and get ready for work. Then I'll eat a 50/50 mixture of regular cold ceral (like Total) and something with fiber (like Fiber One), along with 16 ounces of skim milk and one scoop (22 grams protein) of protein powder.

Snacks range from nuts, cheese, or fruit along with a protein shake.

Lunch is normally 1 - 2 cups of angel hair pasta with 8 ounces of lean ground beef, chicken, or a lean cut of beef. When I'm not lazy, I'll steam some brocoli or another veggy.

Pre-training, I try to eat 8 - 10 ounces of chicken or beef about 2 hours before. Then I'll drink a protein shake 30 - 60 minutes before training. I'll drink one scoop of protein in water about half-way through training. Immediately after training I eat a serving of cream of rice with a banana and a tablespoon of sugar. Along with the cream of rice, I drink a 2-scoop protein shake.

I do train after work so that is usually around dinner time. I wait 30 - 60 minutes after eating my post-training meal to eat my dinner. Should I wait longer?

For dinner, I usually make some kind of rice bowl. I use brown long grain rice, and will mix it with some kind of lean beef, chicken, salmon, etc. Sometimes I'll throw in 1/3 cup of black beans and some hot peppers and other veggies.

Right before I go to bed, I eat some kind of meat protein (about 8 ounces) along with a bowl of Fiber One (cereal).

I know this is a long post to read, but thank you for those that have! I just want to make sure I am on the right track. Is my timing okay for my meals? Are the types of foods I am eating maximizing my workouts?

My goals is to put on about 10 lbs of muscle mass over the next 6 months, without getting to chubby.

TheAccuser
11-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Here is what I ate yesterday including portions, to give everyone some more information. Thanks so much for taking the time to read my post!

Meal 1 - 1/2 serving fiber cereal
1/2 serving Total cereal
1 scoops whey protein in 16 ounces of milk

Meal 2 - 2 scoops whey protein
1 apple
part-skim string cheese

Meal 3 - 1 1/2 cups of angel hair pasta
8 ounces of lean beef
2 cups of steamed brocoli

Meal 4 - 8 ounces of chicken

Meal 5 - 1 serving of Cream of Rice
2 scoops of Whey protein in water