PDA

View Full Version : When/How much cardio should I do?

trojan1444
11-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Hi,

I'm bulking right now, but would still like to do cardio. I usually do 30 minutes on a tredmill, doing 5 minutes of warmup and then alternating 1-min sprints, 1-min jog.

My question is how often and when should I do this? My goal is to trim the fat while I'm building muscle. I've heard conflicting stuff about doing it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Some people say that's the best way to burn fat, and others say it is catabolic.

Right now I do it 3-4 times a week in the late afternoon. Any advice?

Blazin Civic
11-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Well I am a newbie but I do it every work out day. I just run 2 miles on the threadmill. I figure what use is being big if you will be out of wind in 2 minutes.

Titanium_Jim
11-15-2004, 11:17 PM
If you must, make sure it's NOT on an empty stomach, and do it after your workout if it's a lifting day.

GMCtrk
11-15-2004, 11:25 PM
i'm on a bulking cycle and not doing any cardio. I just dont see the point...

Hockey66
11-15-2004, 11:49 PM
i'm on a bulking cycle and not doing any cardio. I just dont see the point...

Some people need lots of endurance and strong lungs for sports, but also want to bulk up. If you personally don't need it and would never use it then I guess it is pointless for you. For others, such as myself, endurace is almost as important as mass and strength.

GMCtrk
11-15-2004, 11:55 PM
Some people need lots of endurance and strong lungs for sports, but also want to bulk up. If you personally don't need it and would never use it then I guess it is pointless for you. For others, such as myself, endurace is almost as important as mass and strength.

If you are concerned about true endurance, then I doubt you can really be on a bulking cycle. You and I both know what marathon runners look like, lol.
I really don't know how much your endurance would suffer from just a few months off. I could understand running on the weekends, but I'm not about to go and work my ass off to burn off the calories I just worked my ass off to eat