PDA

View Full Version : Sugar

Draven_Fenix
11-16-2004, 01:25 PM
How many grams sugar per day on a cut diet?

Stray
11-16-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm gonna be so bold as to say 'as little as possible if at all'.

waynis
11-16-2004, 08:30 PM
as little as possible. I agree. I would try to keep sugar as little as possible all the time whether your bulking or not.

Vido
11-16-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm with the other guys. Why are you even asking the question?

Draven_Fenix
11-18-2004, 04:27 PM
Ok guys... no offense but it is kind of obvious that I should keep it to as little as possible but unfourtunately sugar is in almost everything. I am saying what kind of grams per day should I shoot for staying under. I need a number to go by. As little as possible just doesn't work. That's like saying you should take as much protien as possible. I am looking for something a little more specific.

geoffgarcia
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
do you mean table sugar?
or the more general tems "sugars" as in simple carbs?

if its table sugar then I'd say zero
if its simple carbs (aka sugars) then it would depend on how many calories your cutting at.

ryuage
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
hrmm thats odd... I coulda sworn 99.9 percent of the stuff I ate didn't have sugar in it...

Frozenmoses
11-18-2004, 06:27 PM
:withstupi

Ever heard of whole grains?

Draven_Fenix
11-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes I am talking about simple carb sugars and I am cutting at about 2500 cals a day.

Vido
11-18-2004, 07:11 PM
Ok guys... no offense but it is kind of obvious that I should keep it to as little as possible but unfourtunately sugar is in almost everything.

I can't really think of anything that I eat, or that you should be eating, that has sugar in it.

TheAccuser
11-19-2004, 09:42 AM
The only time I eat sugar (other than what comes naturally in fruits, etc) is after training. This is my post-training meal:

2 scoops (44g protein) of whey protein in water
1 serving Cream of Rice w/1 tablespoon of sugar
1 banana (mixed in w/Cream of Rice)

Is this bad? I have always heard that sugar immediately after training is reccommended.

waynis
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
if you want that sweet taste buy some stevia and put it in your foods such as oatmeal, shakes, whatever. Fruit sugar should be the only sugar you are consuming. Eat a couple fruits a day in between meals.

The only time i find simple carbs benificial will be immediatly after workout to transfer the protein to your muscles. Remember anything that is enriched is de-natured. If it's de-natured it's probably not the best for you. I would eat complex carbs all the time and avoid simple carbs as much as you can. That's only my own personal view though.

Draven_Fenix
11-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Then you must not eat many fruits... they all have sugar. So does milk... a LOT of things have sugar in them.

ryuage
11-20-2004, 01:38 PM
those are naturally ocurring sugars... you are making it seem like every fu**** thing in the store has some sugar added to it... if it makes you feel better if you hit 10 grams of sugar on your cut you wont lose any weight anymore... does that answer your question? :bang: I swear... cmon people have some common sense.. .think about it it's pretty damn logical what the answer might be to most of your questions, but everyone wants the answers handed to them.

Vido
11-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Then you must not eat many fruits... they all have sugar. So does milk... a LOT of things have sugar in them.

Ok guys... no offense but it is kind of obvious that I should keep it to as little as possible but unfourtunately sugar is in almost everything.

You named two kinds of food that have sugar in them...and no, I don't eat much fruit at all, nor do I drink milk. If I did though I wouldn't be concerned with the sugars in them as ryuage pointed out they are naturally occurring. It's processed foods with added sugar that need to be avoided, and these are what I was saying you shouldn't be eating in the first place.

TheGimp
11-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Fruits also have fiber, phytonutrients, vitamins and minerals.

Milk also has protein, vitamins and minerals.

Sugar is one thing, empty calories is another.

Draven_Fenix
11-21-2004, 06:46 PM
Dude, you need to chill out. I just asked a question. You wanna be an ******* about it then don't answer. It doesn't get me anywhere to have *******s like you try to make me feel stupid. If you don't have anything to say that is going to help me achieve something, why say it? Isn't the point of this thing to answer people's questions so they can achieve their goals? Does it make you feel good to get on peoples cases about something you already know. I'm sure you had some questions that were considered stupid when you first started lifting. So unless you got something that's gonna help me, **** off.

Vido
11-21-2004, 07:54 PM
Who are you talking to?

In any event, your question WAS answered anyway, so I don't know what you're crying about.

waynis
11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
those are naturally ocurring sugars... you are making it seem like every fu**** thing in the store has some sugar added to it... if it makes you feel better if you hit 10 grams of sugar on your cut you wont lose any weight anymore... does that answer your question? :bang: I swear... cmon people have some common sense.. .think about it it's pretty damn logical what the answer might be to most of your questions, but everyone wants the answers handed to them.

I think he was referring to this comment. Many people are clueless. That's why they ask questions.HOw are they ever gonna learn if their questions don't get answered. It may get repetitive and get old but that's why we are here to help. If you have knowledge share it but don't act like people are stupid for not understand you.

Vido
11-21-2004, 08:20 PM
I think he was referring to this comment. Many people are clueless. That's why they ask questions.HOw are they ever gonna learn if their questions don't get answered. It may get repetitive and get old but that's why we are here to help. If you have knowledge share it but don't act like people are stupid for not understand you.

It's fine if people are clueless. It's not if they try to act like they're not.

ryuage
11-22-2004, 12:57 AM
i didnt mean to blow up on draven, he just got the short end of my stick, everyone comes here asking common sense questions... makes me wonder if everyone out there is some 10 yr old kid on the other end with a stick up their a** because I could ask myself the same question when I was 6 yrs old and know the answer... why because it was common sense. Also a lot of the questions could simply be answered by the use of the search function or just thinking about it because it is not hard at all and the answer is obvious, I had questions when I first started out, but they were nowhere along the lines of some of the questions everyone asks now a days where its a lack of common sense question.

Eddan
11-22-2004, 05:10 AM
D.F., some people actually avoid having much/any milk or fruit b/c of the sugar. Neither milk, fruit nor “table sugar” is a good source of the “right kind” of carbs.