PDA

View Full Version : How much Green tea?

Mercuryblade
11-17-2004, 01:59 AM
So I started drinking green tea, it's fantastic, it gives me a boost in the morning so I actually stay awake during bio lecture, helps me concentrate better (or at least it seems like it, may be a little placebo, and part from the caffeine.) I know it increaes metabolism, thats one of the reasons I drink it, so I can get hungrier and eat more and get more nutrients going through my body, (plus it will dampen the effects of my alcoholic weekends :redface: ) I was just wondering how many cups a day you guys drink?

agentplaya1
11-17-2004, 02:18 AM
Why would you want to increase your metabolism? Are you trying to lose weight? It sounds like youre trying to put on weight since you want to eat more and more. If that's the case, I would get off the green tea altogether, you don't need it.

TheGimp
11-17-2004, 02:58 AM
In order to get the same kind of metabolic effects from drinking green tea as taking green tea extract, you'd have to drink in the region of 10 cups a day.

You may want to try peppermint tea, or a herbal tea containing lemon as these will stimulate the production of gastric juices and as a result, appetite.