PDA

View Full Version : High calorie pre-bedtime meal.

Canadian Crippler
11-17-2004, 10:10 PM
I sometimes (50% of the time?) eat this 30 mins to 1 hour 30 mins before sleeping... I'm currently bulkng. Wondering if this is ok or if it is too much before bed time.

1 1/2 scoops Mammoth 2500
1 cup 2% Milk
1 tablespoon Olive oil
1 can tuna
1 banana
1 tangerine

Total Calories 877
Total Fat 27g
Total Carbs 106g
Total Protein 58g

agentplaya1
11-18-2004, 12:05 AM
looks fine to me

Severed Ties
11-18-2004, 11:57 AM
If you've worked out 1 hour before hand yes, otherwise I wouldn't advise it.

ST

Manveet
11-18-2004, 12:43 PM
If it fits into your daily caloric intake, then it really should make much, if any, difference.

geoffgarcia
11-18-2004, 12:46 PM
CC are you taking 1.5 scoops of mamouth?
or .5 scoops?

If you've worked out 1 hour before hand yes, otherwise I wouldn't advise it.

SThow come?

Mammoth 2500 = Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg White Albumen) Maltodextrin, Crystalline Fructose, Cocoa, Medium Chain Triglycerides (derived from Fractionated Coconut Oil), Enzyme Blend ( Protease I, Protease II, Lactase, Amylase), Natural and Artificial Flavours, Tricalcium Phosphate.

Per 235 g Serving = 4 Rounded Scoops
Protein :50g
Fat: 18g
Carbohydrate: 152g

so 1 scoop would be
12.5g protein
4.5g fat
38g carbs

Spiderman
11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Presuming your liver is already full, I wouldn't advise it. But, as ST said, if its an hour or so after your workout you should be fine. There's no need to take in that many carbs before bed regardless of if you're bulking or not. That is, unless you want to become fat. :p

Manveet
11-18-2004, 02:48 PM
Presuming your liver is already full, I wouldn't advise it. But, as ST said, if its an hour or so after your workout you should be fine. There's no need to take in that many carbs before bed regardless of if you're bulking or not. That is, unless you want to become fat. :p

But what difference would it make if it fit within you daily caloric requirements?

Severed Ties
11-18-2004, 03:10 PM
CC are you taking 1.5 scoops of mamouth?
or .5 scoops?

how come?

Mammoth 2500 = Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Caseinate, Egg White Albumen) Maltodextrin, Crystalline Fructose, Cocoa, Medium Chain Triglycerides (derived from Fractionated Coconut Oil), Enzyme Blend ( Protease I, Protease II, Lactase, Amylase), Natural and Artificial Flavours, Tricalcium Phosphate.

Per 235 g Serving = 4 Rounded Scoops
Protein :50g
Fat: 18g
Carbohydrate: 152g

so 1 scoop would be
12.5g protein
4.5g fat
38g carbs

900 calories before bed outside of a post workout window will only make you fat.

Severed Ties
11-18-2004, 03:14 PM
But what difference would it make if it fit within you daily caloric requirements?

Your body doesn't know what a daily caloric is or operate on a 24 hour caloric cycle. If you stuff an over abundence of calories into it when your metabolism will be at it's absolute slowest point of the day it's going to store a large amount of them as fat.

ST

smalls
11-18-2004, 03:52 PM
I personally dont think we could give accurate advise unless we knew his whole diet. Also it is highly dependant on the person, how they store and react to different nutrients etc. If his carb intake was weak throughout the day and then he had this before bed I dont feel fat accumulation would be a problem.

When I bulk I have at least 600-700 cals within 10 min of going to bed, and then when I wake to urinate around 4 hours later I have another 500 or so. I have done this while being natural and enhanced and I fell the slight fat gains I may have recieved are worth the much needed caloric intake.

Manveet
11-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Your body doesn't know what a daily caloric is or operate on a 24 hour caloric cycle. If you stuff an over abundence of calories into it when your metabolism will be at it's absolute slowest point of the day it's going to store a large amount of them as fat.

ST

Are there any definitive studies on this topic?

I'm gonna see If I can find some on pub med.

Zearoth
11-18-2004, 07:03 PM
Isn't the whole "carbs before bed = fat" an old myth? I've heard time and time again that eating within your caloric deficit, regardless of timing or macro numbers will have little or no affect.

I think I'll agree with Manveet on this one unless I'm proven wrong with some solid sources. :D

Vido
11-18-2004, 07:19 PM
It's not often I disagree with ST, but I'm with Manveet on this one.

That being said, the proposed meal doesn't impress me much. I would never mix fat with a weight gainer (or any high GI carb), and that many carbs before bed (although I don't think it will make you fat if it's within your caloric limits) just makes no sense.