PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Food

Shobe
11-20-2004, 03:00 PM
Is it ok to eat Chicken and Broccoli from a chinese restaraunt minus the rice if I am on a cutting diet?? I have been craving this stuff for like 6 months now.

ryuage
11-20-2004, 03:34 PM
if you dont mind all the seasoning and oil they cook it in... sure go ahead.

Thunderwulf
11-20-2004, 04:16 PM
Cheat days were created for Chinese food.

manowar669
11-21-2004, 11:07 AM
Learn to cook. Get out your chicken breasts from the refrigerator, and some fresh broccoli. Cut into bite size pieces. Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray. Stir fry until almost done (a couple minutes). During those few minutes, mix a tablespoon of Angostura brand, low-sodium soy sauce, a teaspoon of splenda, some fresh ground ginger (if ya got it). Dump this mixture over your chicken and broccoli, stir to coat. EAT.

Vido
11-21-2004, 03:39 PM
It's not "clean" if that's what you're asking, even though it is 2 healthy foods. The way they cook it makes it pretty bad for you, but hey, it's delicious so have some if you're craving it and get back on your diet the next day.

abwowang
11-21-2004, 04:23 PM
yea if u can cook it urself.. it can be a real good meal for cutting. some brocolli and chicken mmmmm..
however.. if u go out to eat at those americanized restaurants.. they tend to add a lot of sodium not to mention MSG which can be really counterproductive..

Asylum
11-21-2004, 04:41 PM
Learn to cook. Get out your chicken breasts from the refrigerator, and some fresh broccoli. Cut into bite size pieces. Spray non-stick pan with cooking spray. Stir fry until almost done (a couple minutes). During those few minutes, mix a tablespoon of Angostura brand, low-sodium soy sauce, a teaspoon of splenda, some fresh ground ginger (if ya got it). Dump this mixture over your chicken and broccoli, stir to coat. EAT.

Sounds good. I'm going to have to try that. You can also buy the uncooked chicken "fingers" sized strips and they're really easy to cut into small pieces with a pair of scissors. I know it sounds crazy but it's easy and makes for great sized pieces of meat. I always cut most all the fat off and then cut it into small pieces. Good stuff.

usertim
11-21-2004, 06:52 PM
It's funny, because it depends on what kind of chinese restaurant you're going to. Western-Chinese food, fast food stands selling chinese food are all greasy and crap, but if you go to an authentic chinese restaurant, it should be a lot different. Can actually get kinda pricey tho~

Vido
11-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Even the authentic places aren't that "clean", although I admit they are much better than the Western-Chinese food places.

usertim
11-21-2004, 07:59 PM
Even the authentic places aren't that "clean", although I admit they are much better than the Western-Chinese food places.

True that... and if you're about the actual "cleaness" (not referring to the fat content) then I suggest Wester-Chinese restaurants.