PDA

View Full Version : Protein Question...

Irongame
11-21-2004, 09:33 PM
Hello:

I'm curious to know if anyone has incorporated egg beaters
(1/2 cup whites only) with their whey shake at night or first thing in the morning? I would like to get more whole food sources along with my supplementation and wondered what the general consenus might be on this option. Thanks.

waynis
11-21-2004, 09:51 PM
I have done it. Egg protein is slower digesting then whey. If your taking protein at night it would be benificial. You want slower digesting proteins before you got to bed like egg, casein. It won't hurt any mixing it any time though.

Irongame
11-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend it with the first morning meal? Also, did you notice any gains when you modifed your diet?

Although I'm fairly certain of answer, but since the egg whites are pastuerized there is no danger consuming them raw, right?

Vido
11-21-2004, 10:57 PM
You can consume them raw if they are pasteurized.

Buying whole eggs and just discarding the yolks is much more cost efficient. Depending on your diet though, you should be eating the yolks anyway.

waynis
11-22-2004, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the reply. Would you recommend it with the first morning meal? Also, did you notice any gains when you modifed your diet?

Although I'm fairly certain of answer, but since the egg whites are pastuerized there is no danger consuming them raw, right?

I would recommend whole eggs in the morning. yolk and all. Egg whites at night.

gains- well i'am starting to realize the power of eggs. But eating the whole egg. not just the white has bigger effects. Don't worry about the fat or cholesterol in the yolk. Just don't over do it.. lIke eat within your fat goals. Personally I eat 3 whole eggs every morining. At night I drink liquid egg whites before I go to bed. Recovery should be quicker. Egg is a excellent source of protein.

Vido
11-22-2004, 12:16 PM
I would recommend whole eggs in the morning. yolk and all. Egg whites at night.

Why no fat at night? Just curious.

BigMatt
11-22-2004, 12:58 PM
For your information.Egg are the most complete(BCAA) Protein you can get , so it would be a good idea to consumme as much as you can.

geoffgarcia
11-22-2004, 01:42 PM
why not just get powdered egg protein?
you can get either whole egg or egg white from a number of suppliers, its very common

geoffgarcia
11-22-2004, 01:44 PM
Egg are the most complete(BCAA) Protein you can get , so it would be a good idea to consumme as much as you can.were it not for the fat/cholesterol count and the fact that they are one of the top causes of odoriferous gas

Vido
11-22-2004, 02:19 PM
were it not for the fat/cholesterol count and the fact that they are one of the top causes of odoriferous gas

and seeing as we know that fat is good for us, dietary cholesterol doesn't really matter, and gas can all but be eliminated with the use of ginger root, then that pretty much makes eggs perfect now doesn't it? ;)

Shark
11-22-2004, 04:51 PM
dietary cholesterol doesn't really matter

???? Please explain

Vido
11-22-2004, 05:20 PM
???? Please explain

This has been posted numerous times, especially of late. Dietary cholesterol plays a negligible (about 5%) role in determining blood cholesterol. Blood cholesterol is basically determined by genetics and saturated fat intake.

waynis
11-22-2004, 06:34 PM

I figure if your going to bed then fat can't be converted to much energy unlike being awake. ALthough I would rather eat fat before i go to bed then carbs cause atleast you burn fat oxidative. What are your views?

Irongame
11-22-2004, 07:46 PM

I do, I generally consume 1-2 tbsp of Natty with the protein shake. Thanks.

Vido
11-22-2004, 08:37 PM
I figure if your going to bed then fat can't be converted to much energy unlike being awake. ALthough I would rather eat fat before i go to bed then carbs cause atleast you burn fat oxidative. What are your views?

As long as you're eating within your caloric limits, the fat won't be stored as fat. I always have some protein and fat before bed...the fat slows down the digestion of the protein.

Irongame
11-22-2004, 09:21 PM
As long as you're eating within your caloric limits, the fat won't be stored as fat. I always have some protein and fat before bed...the fat slows down the digestion of the protein.

Hi Vido:

Based on your response, please tell me exactly how much fat (in grams) that I need to be consuming on a 3200-3500 calorie bulking diet. Currently, I am taking around 80 grams or so. Thanks.

waynis
11-22-2004, 09:42 PM

OK i hear that. Right now i'am discovering the importance and results of eating fat. For so long I avoided it before i became educated. NOw i take in all efa's and hardly more then 5 grams of saturated fat a day. All the sudden i'am having better results in a lot of ways. Even getting more cut when i'am trying to bulk . haha

Vido
11-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Hi Vido:

Based on your response, please tell me exactly how much fat (in grams) that I need to be consuming on a 3200-3500 calorie bulking diet. Currently, I am taking around 80 grams or so. Thanks.

I'd say 80-100g, so you're in the right ballpark.