PDA

View Full Version : Cravings.

Frozenmoses
11-23-2004, 08:15 PM
Okay, I'm pretty sure I know what it's like to be pregnant, at least from the dietary standpoint. PSMF is killing me the cravings I experience. They normally aren't bad during the day, but once I get home from school they sink in baaadly. I've caught myself on more than one occassion with keys in hand walking to the door, about to go to Whataburger. I would kill for a double meat, double bacon, double cheese greaseburger right now, with a side of cardiokilla french fries. Give me strength, lawd.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. I guess I'm just venting.

waynis
11-23-2004, 08:19 PM
Okay, I'm pretty sure I know what it's like to be pregnant, at least from the dietary standpoint. PSMF is killing me the cravings I experience. They normally aren't bad during the day, but once I get home from school they sink in baaadly. I've caught myself on more than one occassion with keys in hand walking to the door, about to go to Whataburger. I would kill for a double meat, double bacon, double cheese greaseburger right now, with a side of cardiokilla french fries. Give me strength, lawd.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. I guess I'm just venting.

The thought of eating a burger from mcdonalds or any burger joint almost makes me throw up and your craving it.. lol. I can tell you the negative effects of eating it but you probably already know. Just have self controll and know that it won't help you reach your goals. Don't let the burger controll you.. controll the burger!. lol

Frozenmoses
11-23-2004, 08:26 PM
The thought of eating a burger from mcdonalds or any burger joint almost makes me throw up and your craving it.. lol.

Go on PSMF for a week, and I bet you $10 you'll be craving the cafeteria food from back in elementary school. This diet messes with your head... bad.

waynis
11-23-2004, 09:05 PM
what psmf? All these abbreviations.. lol. can't memorize them all. I don't think anything would make me crave cafeteria food though. I've been away from fast food for too long. The though is far gone in my head. I never even think of thinking about it. lol

Vido
11-23-2004, 09:52 PM
what psmf? All these abbreviations.. lol. can't memorize them all. I don't think anything would make me crave cafeteria food though. I've been away from fast food for too long. The though is far gone in my head. I never even think of thinking about it. lol

PSMF = Protein-Sparing Modified Fast...you eat 1-1.5g protein/lb bodyweight/day + 6g fish oil and that's it. If you're a very large individual that "might" be 1500 calories. Smaller guys will easily be under 1000 cals/day. It's pretty intense.

Vido
11-23-2004, 09:53 PM
I've caught myself on more than one occassion with keys in hand walking to the door, about to go to Whataburger. I would kill for a double meat, double bacon, double cheese greaseburger right now, with a side of cardiokilla french fries.

Now that I'm bulking again maybe I'll go grab a double bacon cheeseburger and fries...thanks for the idea :D.

Frozenmoses
11-23-2004, 09:56 PM
Now that I'm bulking again maybe I'll go grab a double bacon cheeseburger and fries...thanks for the idea :D.

I will slay thee, Vido. :bash:

Patz
11-23-2004, 11:29 PM
fromo..this may help you..i watched "supersize me" and i didn't eat at mcdonald's again for 2 months until the other day, and i didn't even enjoy it, but i was trying to refeed,and the guy working saturday with me wanted me to pick him something up on the way in..i won't go back..that movie will mess with your head..watch that guy (from my home state of WV by-the-way) turn from a very fit person, into a lethargic slob and you may do just like i did..it also got me wanting to get on this diet..i dropped 5 pounds in the first week..i haven't seen 240 in a while..watch the movie if you haven't seen it..if you have seen it, watch it again..i watched it twice in 2 days and enjoyed it both times..it's funny, scary, all you want in a movie/documentary

Frozenmoses
11-23-2004, 11:42 PM
Watched it 3 days ago actually, didn't help. :cry:

Thanks for the tip, though. Just gotta hold out til Thursday for my refeed. I'm totally gonna make Thanksgiving my bitch.

ryuage
11-24-2004, 12:19 AM
thats why I did ud2... carbs galore every weekend.

Vido
11-24-2004, 01:50 AM
thats why I did ud2... carbs galore every weekend.

Yeah, UD2's actually pretty easy to follow. I'm not sure the results are as good though, so it's a trade-off.

waynis
11-24-2004, 09:14 AM
PSMF = Protein-Sparing Modified Fast...you eat 1-1.5g protein/lb bodyweight/day + 6g fish oil and that's it. If you're a very large individual that "might" be 1500 calories. Smaller guys will easily be under 1000 cals/day. It's pretty intense.

your eating just protein and only 6 grams of fat a day?

geoffgarcia
11-24-2004, 09:32 AM
In a refeed type diet the cravings signal the time when you should do the refeed.
If PSMF uses refeeds then the second you feel cravings coming on you need to do the refeed, going on a calendar/weekly schedule isn't as accurate.

galileo
11-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Hit up the appetite suppressants. :) I believe 5-htp or synephrine may be good choices.

When I was hungry I found sugar-free jello and crystal light to be my only solace. Also, keeping myself occupied really helps. Boredom = eat for me. You can do it.

Vido
11-24-2004, 12:01 PM
your eating just protein and only 6 grams of fat a day?

Correct

Vido
11-24-2004, 12:05 PM
In a refeed type diet the cravings signal the time when you should do the refeed.
If PSMF uses refeeds then the second you feel cravings coming on you need to do the refeed, going on a calendar/weekly schedule isn't as accurate.

I don't agree with this at all. If you're used to consuming 3-4K cals and all of a sudden you drop it down to approximately 1K cals/day, you're going to experience cravings from the get-go. This is where will power comes into play.

If I was eating whenever I was hungry, or I succumbed to all of my cravings (even while bulking), I'd be 400 lbs.

Vido
11-24-2004, 12:08 PM
Hit up the appetite suppressants. :) I believe 5-htp or synephrine may be good choices.

When I was hungry I found sugar-free jello and crystal light to be my only solace. Also, keeping myself occupied really helps. Boredom = eat for me. You can do it.

Totally agree with everything here. Sugar-free jello does wonders. Funny enough when I'm dieting I usually make it up and let it sit in the fridge, thinking I'll be craving something the next day, and the Jello just ends up sitting in the fridge for weeks. Regardless, even if you do eat it, it's only about 30 calories/box.

Couldn't agree more on keeping busy as well. There's just something about a couch and a tv that screams food, and messy food at that.

geoffgarcia
11-24-2004, 12:09 PM
its not my opinion or something I just invented...I remember reading in regard to leptin levels, and I thought in relation to refeeds...

there is a difference in being hungry and having cravings.
Hunger you might get every day. Cravings maybe once or twice a week (on a lower cal diet)

galileo
11-24-2004, 12:14 PM
It all depends on the duration of your deficit, your bodyfat %, and how poorly your body dishes out the ghrelin. Use judgement.

Vido
11-24-2004, 12:16 PM
its not my opinion or something I just invented...I remember reading in regard to leptin levels, and I thought in relation to refeeds...

there is a difference in being hungry and having cravings.
Hunger you might get every day. Cravings maybe once or twice a week (on a lower cal diet)

What is the definition of a craving? I know it is different than hunger, but what exactly is it?

geoffgarcia
11-24-2004, 12:17 PM
I'm looking for that article...I'll put it up here if I have any luck tracking it down

Frozenmoses
11-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Hmm, appetite suppressants sound fun. Sugar free jello as well.

You're totally right about being bored. I have no cravings during the day when I'm at school/gym. But seeing as my social life is next to nil these days, when I get home, they kick in hard. Now I need to find something to do. I'd clean house to be productive, but screw that. I ain't a bitch!

And Vido, I don't know the scientific definition of a craving. Best way I could define it would be an enormous desire to eat something you normally wouldn't because you know it is unhealthy for you, but it's the only thing you can think of at that time.

Vido
11-24-2004, 12:32 PM
And Vido, I don't know the scientific definition of a craving. Best way I could define it would be an enormous desire to eat something you normally wouldn't because you know it is unhealthy for you, but it's the only thing you can think of at that time.

That's along the lines of what I think too, but you could add in that you don't necessarily even have to be hungry to my definition. However, I think we're both wrong, and it's got more of a physiological than psychological basis.

Vapour Trails
11-24-2004, 01:30 PM
Why don't just use a sensible diet? How could anyone not go mad while eating nothing but whey and pills?

Vido
11-24-2004, 01:48 PM
Why don't just use a sensible diet? How could anyone not go mad while eating nothing but whey and pills?

He's not eating "whey and pills". He's eating various whole food sources of protein, and fish oil is extremely good for you.

Sure, he could be using a "sensible diet", but then he'd be cutting for 3x as long. I don't know about you, but I hate cutting with a passion.

Manveet
11-24-2004, 05:17 PM
I did a cycle of UD2 and I never had any cravings at all. My appetite remained normal, even while cutting from 4500cals to 1700 for depletion days. I just don't get very hungry, ever.

Vido
11-24-2004, 07:45 PM
I did a cycle of UD2 and I never had any cravings at all. My appetite remained normal, even while cutting from 4500cals to 1700 for depletion days. I just don't get very hungry, ever.

Go to Hell! :)

Patz
11-25-2004, 12:48 AM
fromo, don't you play guitar? while i've been on this diet, i get on rhapsody, find an acoustic song i like, then get tabs for it and learn it in an hour or so..then i spend the rest of the evening and next couple days polishing it..i've actually gotten interested in the guitar again..but the whole point is that it keeps me busy..i also get on here quite a bit..i workout at 8 at home, then am at work by 1030..back home at 8, and then nothing to do all evening til 12 or 1..cept sit and think about chips and cheeseburgers..so i play and post on here..i have so much energy i can't sit in front of the TV much anmore, cept for biggest loser..i love that show!

Frozenmoses
11-26-2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah, I'm a guitar player. That's not a bad idea about learning a song to keep me occupied, I just tend to get bored doing that really fast. I enjoy writing songs with my roommate a lot more, but he has class really late so it's hard to find time to write with him since he usually has a pretty hefty load of homework. I think I'm gonna get back into recording though, need to dust the old mixer off and get some stuff down. Thanks for the suggestion, bud.

Patz
11-27-2004, 12:53 AM
no problem..i learn other people's songs cause i'm way outta practice, and i need to work on fingerpicking more and all that..anyway, it keeps me out of the fridge, and i feel like i accomplished something..keep at it!

JSully
11-27-2004, 02:59 AM
Here's an idea... suck it up you fat slob!!!!!!

I found PSMF to be more effective and easier overall than the UD2. Cravings were bad, but I just sucked it up. I couldn't quite get down the refeeds. It's hard to determine complete glycogen depletion, IMO. Vido if ya have any pointers on how to realize when you've reached complete glycogen depletion please let me know. When I do start cutting again I want to use the PSMF for a while but I don't want to fcuk up and do refeeds after too long so I don't lose too much strength/size. The thing I DO like about UD2 is that I keep ALL my muscle while possibly adding some, and I also keep all of my strength while possibly adding some. Yet the fat comes off a little slower. So it's a trade off depending on your goals. UD2 seems more sensible for my goals but I'm not sure which I'll use for my next cut... ugh, I'm very indecisive.

Anyways, about the cravings, suck it up bitch!

Vido
11-27-2004, 10:06 PM
Vido if ya have any pointers on how to realize when you've reached complete glycogen depletion please let me know.

I really have no clue. I can pretty much tell by feel. I mean you start feeling smaller and smaller each day, but there's a point when it just really jumps out and hits you and you want to cry. Also, when you have trouble achieving a pump during your workouts, I think that's a pretty good sign.

galileo
11-28-2004, 04:29 PM
Perhaps vivisection?

maverick9614
12-03-2004, 11:31 AM
Want to kill a craving? Post a picture of a really fat dude on the inside of your front door and the outside of your fridge. I'm not talking uncle Joe that needs to lose a few pounds, I'm talking some rotund, obese, 350lbs, 5' nothing dude in a thong. Remind yourself evertime you see it that this is why we lift, cut, and drive ourselves mad trying to be fit.