PDA

View Full Version : Critique Me: 5'5" 130lb.

smallasianguy
11-24-2004, 12:54 AM
Critique and tell me what I need to work on.

I work out my legs too, but I am not as worried about their appearance as I won't be wearing short shorts. I have approximately 11-12% body fat according to 3-point caliper testing and gaining weight is incredibly hard for me. My goal right now is just to reach a measly 135 lb.

I've been working out regularly since February of this year and started at 120lb, fluctuated to 133lb over the summer thanks to cooked meals by my mom, and then went back down to 125lb once I returned to school and I'm barely pushing 130lb at most now.

The_Brick
11-24-2004, 01:51 AM
If I was you, i'd work on compound exercises to put on overall mass such as squats, power cleans and deadlifts whilst staying lean and not putting on fat. With your body type you could put on some strong muscle mass and get a decent six pack happening. Stay lean man. Alot of people will disagree with me.

muscle chic
11-24-2004, 07:17 AM
You look young. Are you still growing? You look "in shape" but I would agree you need to gain some more muscle mass.

1r15h
11-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Hey man, I think ya look good, good shape and ya look pretty solid. Your back looks quite muscular, just keep eating if you want to get big, I ate lots of tuna and 3 egg whites 3 times a day, now on whey protein seemed to work along with just craming in whatever came my way bread, meat, eggs, milk, small children anything.
Keep up the hard work mate.

security1769
11-24-2004, 09:31 AM
training is one thing... but there really are 3 parts to getting "big." training, diet, and sleep. i started out at 135lbs at 5'9". and yes, it's hard to gain weight, but it can be done if you're doing it right. eat,eat,eat,and eat some more. make sure you're hitting your legs hard too. it doesn't matter if you're showing them off or not, there's still a huge amount of muscle to be gained there. not to mention, squats, deadlifts, and bench ad to overall muslce mass. not just a certian muscle. hit it hard!!!

chris6969
11-24-2004, 01:33 PM
I started working out at 19 at 130lbs and 6' tall.... I've been as high as like 198lbs, about 20% BF, benching 325lbs, now I'm about 182lbs, 15%, benching 310lbs+ (havent maxed lately, and I know I lost some strength with the diet)

Look at my public profile... got a pic in there from near my starting point at about 140lbs!

ElPietro
11-24-2004, 02:21 PM
You look like a small asian guy! :D :p

I think what needs to be done has already been said. But to risk sounding like a broken record, you just need to eat tons more, train hard, and get plenty of rest in between.