PDA

View Full Version : Foreman Grill!!

bigzbling
11-25-2004, 06:02 PM
I just got it today , i love it! I made some nice chicken breasts in just 9 minutes, and all i had to do is just to plug it, put the chicken on it and close the cover, i dont even need to flip it :):). Anyways, i got the idea of buying the grill from you guys, i was just wondering, what do you guys cook? any sweet homemade recipes? thanks!

brianbob123
11-25-2004, 06:09 PM
My mom made burgers on that, and it was by far the [insert negative descriptive word hereburger I have ever eaten. It wasn't even edible.

bigzbling
11-25-2004, 06:30 PM
watever, but the food was good for me, i love it :)

Patz
11-25-2004, 07:41 PM
it's really good for chicken..i wore a small one out one time,a nd i see that the new ones are able to be taken apart for cleaning..the only complaint i have is that sometimes you can overcook stuff..and sometimes stuff gets dry..but it's a good, fast grill, and it's well worth the money

GMCtrk
11-25-2004, 08:17 PM
ours was great, only problem was cleaning it, it was an absolute BITCH. We had to throw it away b/c all the black lining was coming off lol we used it so much.

bigzbling
11-25-2004, 08:26 PM
nice!! haha, i cant wait to start abusing mine ;)

Podcore
11-29-2004, 12:29 PM
I ama huge fan of the foreman grill, i cook chicken on it alot. some fish too. I find that for red meats it doesnt compate to a grill that licks the meat with fire. It seems to do more of a steam cook on steaks and such, they come out grey. But i use mine about every other day at least. Good invention, if i ever can wear mine out i will get the new removable plate kind.

HahnB
11-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Probably the most over hyped piece of junk in the world if you ask me. Meat tastes terrible on it, you can cook just as fast on a regular grill-with much better taste. Cleaning it is impossible, it burns the top of the meat sometimes, meat is dry-I could go on forever....The only way I would ever use one again is if I lived in a dorm.

mattburns
11-29-2004, 03:31 PM
i like mine, i microwave my chicken before i grill it (cos its usually defrosted). i find it fairly easy and the only bother i have with it is cleaning it.

Maki Riddington
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
I love mine.

MixmasterNash
11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Cleaning the grill is a piece of cake, and much easier than a conventional grill. Of course a conventional grill is superior for quality, but not necessarily speed or convenience.

I'm amazed y'all haven't figured out that you just need to clean the grill when it's hot. Put the grill by the sink, use a very wet towel and keep wetting and letting the water boil off. No scraping, no scrubbing, everything comes off instantly.

MrWebb78
11-29-2004, 09:15 PM
^^^agree, clean it while its hot. dont let it sit and stick or its done for.

i like it for the fact that it cooks frozen chicken breasts. sometimes i cook salmon on it and just have to add a bit of lemon pepper, and then baste it with olive oil, pretty damn good.

lilmase1153
11-30-2004, 04:29 AM
same here clean while hot.. adn to avoid over cooking as the top side seeems to be hotter than the bottom i always flip 4 to 5 times and sometime i just leave it open and use it like that.. works great and my meat always tastes great you just gotta know how to cook and season properly.. i cook all kinds of things on this from chicken to hambuers to steaks and fried potatoes its a greta piece of machine taht saves me a grip of time... final conclusion freakin awesome cant wait to get the removeable plated one...

oh yeah and bigzbling if you have any Q's about how to cook something your not sure of pm me im sure ive cooked everything imaginable on that besides eggs which i thought of doing once but realized i was just beinh crazy..

ryuage
11-30-2004, 04:50 AM
I used to use mine all the time, now I barely use it... I got 2 small ones and a huge one :)

Shark
11-30-2004, 10:23 AM
It's the greatest invention of the 20th century... ok, well, not the greatest, but I use it every day.

I cook burgers, chicken, fish, grilled turkey and cheese sandwiches, etc. If you can dream it, george can grill it. I use a little pam sometimes and that's about all i need to keep **** from burning.

Sometimes I flip things over but I don't need to.

Good luck.

ryan-
11-30-2004, 11:56 AM
.... you can cook just as fast on a regular grill-with much better taste.....

You ever try grilling in MN in January?

ryuage
11-30-2004, 12:24 PM
im pretty sure he meant an indoor grill smart guy

Y2A
11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
I dont like it, I find that chicken comes out very dry. I cook with a pan on a stove, it also takes 10 minutes (though you do have to flip manually). JMO.

HahnB
11-30-2004, 01:01 PM
same here clean while hot.. adn to avoid over cooking as the top side seeems to be hotter than the bottom i always flip 4 to 5 times and

Well not having to flip the meat is about the only thing the girll had going for it, you might as well just use a real grill.

Grilling in the winter isn't bad at all if your grill is close to the door.

maverick9614
12-03-2004, 11:22 AM
Sorry, but i've got to go with the FOreman. I make some damn good stakes on there and I'm not that great of a chef. Yeah, once or twice I made shoe leather on it, but I chalk it up to the learning curve.

Learn to tenderize first and turn the heat down to let it cook slower and it will be fine.

Besides, you got to love being able to throw frozen hamburgers directly in there. Not to mention the fact the cheapest Foreman is about $30 while the cheapest gas grill is at least $100.