PDA

View Full Version : I'm a indecisive shmuck :)

Bruteman
11-26-2004, 06:21 PM
I've got two routines and I can't make up my mind which one I want to follow. I was hoping you guy's could persuade me one way or the other as to which you'd do.

routine 1:
3 days a week. Alternating between bench and squat/dead days, and speed and heavy days. So it would go something like this:
Mon: Bench Speed
Weds: Squat/Dead Speed
Fri: Bench Heavy

Mon: Squat/Dead Heavy
Weds: Bench Speed
...and so on.

Assistance work will be somewhat like that of a typical powerlifting routine.

routine 2:
3 days a week. One week of speed days, next week heavy days. So it would look something like this:
Mon: Squat Speed
Weds: Bench Speed
Fri: Dead Speed

Mon: Squat Heavy(or light heavy, I would alternate each time)
Weds: Bench Heavy
Fri: Dead Heavy(or Light heavy, I would do opposite of what I did squat day)

The lightheavy days are just to save my back. Going heavy on both in the same week might be a bit much.
Assistance work would be more like that of a bblder. I would do chest/shoulder/tri work on bench day, leg work on squat day, and back/bi/forearm work on dead day.

My goals...mainly to become a well built, strong athlete(I box a little). Routine 1 is more applicable to boxing, but I like the physique I've built bblding and don't want to lose it. Routine 2 melds powerlifting and bblding together, but I'm not sure if it is a sound routine.

So, which would you recomend, and what would you change, if anything, about the routine you choose?

Asylum
11-26-2004, 07:25 PM
I'd use the WBB workout #1. I've been using that for about a month now and seeing some good gains.

RickTheDestroyer
11-26-2004, 08:17 PM
You could do the first routine for 2-4 weeks, and then do the second routine for 2-4 weeks so that you don't get bored. The only thing that I notice about the second routine is that you might feel a little underworked throughout the speed week, and a little overworked during the heavy one.
But really, if everything else is in order, you ought to be fine either way.

Bruteman
11-27-2004, 02:14 PM
I'd use the WBB workout #1. I've been using that for about a month now and seeing some good gains.
My current routine is already very WBB1-esque. I was looking for something a little different. Thanks though. :)

Bruteman
11-27-2004, 02:17 PM
You could do the first routine for 2-4 weeks, and then do the second routine for 2-4 weeks so that you don't get bored. The only thing that I notice about the second routine is that you might feel a little underworked throughout the speed week, and a little overworked during the heavy one.
But really, if everything else is in order, you ought to be fine either way.
So you think making one week a speed week and the next a heavy week would work ok?