PDA

View Full Version : Powerbodyduilding

BigMatt
11-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Let me first start by saying that im a bodybuilder.

For this winter i want to make a powerlifting routine.
Since i began training i got my size mostly from deadlift...
When my strenght got up on the deadlift i became bigger with a good diet.

So i think big powerlifting movement= big size with a diet for bulking... (look at coleman)

I would concentrate on Deadlift(conventional)

Squat and Leg Press.

For the bench could i use a smith ? (I got no spotter and i feel i can lift more safe with that)
Would it matter if i concentrate on incline bench rather than flat?

Im interested mostly in Size but i know that size come with strenght...

The more i learn about lifting...Man i think the only difference between a bodybuilder and powerlifter is the Diet.

You could lift heavy Powerlifting movement all year with more reps 8-10-12 with a good diet and get Big... after you diet and see muscle defenition...

ryuage
11-28-2004, 04:25 PM
no the different between a bodybuilder and a powerlifter is one is concentrated more on getting stronger and the other is concentrated of physical appearence.

Vido
11-28-2004, 05:19 PM
no the different between a bodybuilder and a powerlifter is one is concentrated more on getting stronger and the other is concentrated of physical appearence.

:withstupi There is a lot of overlap between the 2, but that's the gist of it.

The_Brick
11-28-2004, 07:12 PM
If you already have good size in your lower pecs from flat then sure concentrate on incline. But if your size top to botom is even, then of course do both equally. I'm at the point where concentrating on flat from powerliftign has given me greater depth in the lower pectoralis. There is stil above average size in my upper pec but i'm going to concentrate on incline to even it out.

shootermcgavin7
11-28-2004, 08:12 PM
:withstupi There is a lot of overlap between the 2, but that's the gist of it.

Ditto, there is A LOT of overlap, especially in your first few years when the main goal for most people is to pack on muscle mass.

Newfie D
11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
For the bench could i use a smith ? (I got no spotter and i feel i can lift more safe with that)

do you have access to a power rack? i workout by myself & use the pins for safety on ME bench days. pl bench form means pinching the blades & arching the lower back (usually) so set the pins just below this point. if your fail, lose the arch & unretract? (what word am i looking for?) your shldr blades, place the bar on the pins & slide out from under it. i don't know how good that explanation is...

using a smith machine with a PL template is sacrilegious! tuttut :D

AstronautJones
11-28-2004, 08:48 PM
If you already have good size in your lower pecs from flat then sure concentrate on incline. But if your size top to botom is even, then of course do both equally. I'm at the point where concentrating on flat from powerliftign has given me greater depth in the lower pectoralis. There is stil above average size in my upper pec but i'm going to concentrate on incline to even it out.

Dude you've been here for over a year, haven't you learned anything?

shootermcgavin7
11-28-2004, 08:55 PM

Ouch. I don't know if I can handle another thread about the upper western left diagonal pectoral.

BigMatt
11-28-2004, 09:17 PM
Lol i think no one did understand what i meant.

The_Brick
11-29-2004, 01:04 AM

Dudette, whats your point?

javyn
12-07-2004, 01:14 AM

Ok, so which is which? LOL

PizDoff
12-07-2004, 01:46 AM
yeah ryuage could have put that better

"the different between a bodybuilder is concentrated of physical appearence.
a powerlifter is one is concentrated more on getting stronger"

Edited for clarity.