PDA

View Full Version : using squat suit to deadlift?

biggimp
11-28-2004, 08:02 PM
is using my squat suit to deadlift also even worth it, or should i just wear a singlet when i deadlift in my next meet?

anyone
11-29-2004, 09:03 AM
If your lifting on a budget, you can get away with it. My training partner deadlifts in his Inzer Hardcore. He gets 70-80 lbs, at least, out of the thing.

ElPietro
11-29-2004, 09:32 AM
I haven't heard of many guys getting THAT much from their suits on deads, but it can help if you lift sumo. You deadlift after the squat, so you'll already have the suit on...it won't hurt you, so no point struggling to get it off then putting on a singlet for no reason. Or that's how I see it. It may help a bit so why not just leave it on.

Chris Rodgers
11-29-2004, 03:47 PM
What kind of meets you going to El where you can where your squat suit to bench?? Or do you just do squat/pull meets? ;)

I pull sumo in my squat suit. The only DL suit I ever really felt a carryover from was the Metal DL for conventional, but only maybe 20 lbs. I get more from the squat suit in my sumo since it supports my hips in my wide stance.

powerdoc
11-29-2004, 09:30 PM
I get a huge assist from my Inzer canvas suit when I tighten up the straps and wear the suit backwards. The groove takes some time to get used to.

ElPietro
11-30-2004, 07:05 AM
What kind of meets you going to El where you can where your squat suit to bench?? Or do you just do squat/pull meets? ;)

It's this little known organization called the IPF. There is no rule to remove your suit for bench. In fact I believe the rule is you either must be wearing a singlet, or have a suit on, so most people just leave the suit on. Almost every bench vid I've seen from 3 lift meets show guys either wearing singlets or suits. So what meets are you going to latty? ;)

XxDeanerxX
11-30-2004, 09:57 AM
is using my squat suit to deadlift also even worth it, or should i just wear a singlet when i deadlift in my next meet?

always used my supersuit to deadlift, when i was in high school. no need in workouts. everybody does it now in michigan high school meets :)

Chris Rodgers
11-30-2004, 07:01 PM
EL- you have to wear a singlet in the meets I go to. I've only noticed maybe 1 preson wearing their squat suit on the bench and I just figured they didn't know any better or own a singlet. Maybe it gives them better leg drive.

PS- APF owns the IPF, lol. ;)

ElPietro
11-30-2004, 07:11 PM
STFU bitch! :D

I'm guessing it's just laziness. Most guys unless they actually have a deadlift suit, will deadlift in their squat suit. I know I'd hate taking off a squat suit, and then after 6 lifts have to put it back on again. It might even be next to impossible with legs pumped a bit. I don't think it hinders the bench though, so no biggie either way.

biggimp
11-30-2004, 10:17 PM
last time i was in a meet, i didnt have a singlet, so i had to wear my suit all day. by the time i was done i had purple rings around my legs. even if i have to take the suit off and put a singlet on only to bench, ill do it.

Adam
12-02-2004, 09:40 PM
I pull conventional in a titan dual quad (squat suit). I never got to try a dead suit but this one probly helps 15+lbs

Sensei
12-04-2004, 10:55 AM
It's this little known organization called the IPF. There is no rule to remove your suit for bench. In fact I believe the rule is you either must be wearing a singlet, or have a suit on, so most people just leave the suit on. Almost every bench vid I've seen from 3 lift meets show guys either wearing singlets or suits. So what meets are you going to latty?

??? NO. That just doesn't make sense. Poly squat suits, if properly fitted, are very uncomfortable. I know no one who would want to leave their squat suits on for hours until they have to deadlift, let alone try to bench press w. it on WITH A BENCH SHIRT! Please show us ONE video w. someone wearing a squat suit.

biggimp
12-04-2004, 10:27 PM
??? NO. That just doesn't make sense. Poly squat suits, if properly fitted, are very uncomfortable. I know no one who would want to leave their squat suits on for hours until they have to deadlift

thats what im saying. i will gladly take the time to put a singlet on for bp and put my suit back on for dl... thanks for all the info so far guys :cool: