PDA

View Full Version : Eating Red meat, good or not?

mizfit
11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
Well , I just lost 50 pounds in a period of 4 months and have been hitting the weights with a high rep mid weight routine for about 2 months solid. I definelty see a difference in my body! My diet when lossing weight and getting cut pretty much consisted of Grilled chicken , salads (oil + viniger), turkey burgers , and sometimes whole wheat bread and veggies . My question is , now I wanna start building serious muscle and get big. I started to eat and make sure I get alot of protein everday, I have been eating alot of red meat , like 2 hamburgers (often for lunch) and lettuce and tamato and somtimes some whole wheat bread with them. I was wondering should I stick to the turkey burgers , or is it a bad thing that im eating beef (hamburgers), I dont want to put fat back on , I am working out 5 days a week and my muscles feel soor so im guessing all the protein im taking in isnt getting stored as fat but goin to my muscles? I also eat 2 Nitro-tech 35g protein Chocalate bars a day. and for main meals ill have 2 hamburgers with salad , or grilled chicken salads, somtimes steak with veggies .. I still have flabby skin around my belly from the weight I lost and want to build big abs to fill that skin out! anyon suggestions? little confused ..

anyone
11-29-2004, 06:58 PM
I have been eating alot of red meat , like 2 hamburgers (often for lunch)

If you're making your own burgers out of lean ground beef, you are probably okay.

usertim
11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
I know this is irrelevent, but don't you get tired of eating all that burgers? I love 'em and all, but if you them daily, I would think it would start getting kinda bland.

waynis
11-29-2004, 08:02 PM
eat near 96% lean beef that's minimally processed. NO hormones added and you should be safe to eat up! :cool:

mizfit
11-29-2004, 08:27 PM
the people at the dinner and on the menu says its lean beef , but i dont know for sure :/ , guess ill stick to turkey burgers and have those once in awhile , im really not sure if its fully 100% lean like that , it says it on the menu but dinners can lie no? I dunno , should I trust the dinner :P

Patz
11-29-2004, 10:22 PM
don't trust the diner..they cook with lard, so lean to them is probably 15% fat..check out laura's lean beef..there's a website for it laurasleanbeef.com i'm not sure where you are geography-wise, but the website claims tht they'll try to stock your store..they work with chain supermarkets and all that..they have 4% fat beef, and up..and steaks