PDA

View Full Version : The arduous road to physical betterment [PSMF]

Organichu
11-29-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey. :)

I'm currently at about 227 lbs., 6'1", horrible bodyfat. I used to be a strong linebacker, but at this point I don't resemble an athlete in any way, physically- pictures coming soon.

I'm going to start with a PSMF-esque diet, and this journal will be primarily for diet and cardio. I'll start adding in my weight sessions when I get those more sorted out.

November 29th, 2004
Meal 1: Large salad with a cup of cubed broiled chicken breast /w 20 oz diet coke.
Meal 2: 2 egg whites.
Meal 3: 1.5 cups of roasted turkey breast w/ 20 oz diet coke.

Calories:

GRAMS OF PROTEIN/CARBOHYDRATES/FAT:

113 / 6 / 21

Comments: I need to boost up the calories- today was my first day and I was very cautious. I'll begin refining it and see just how much is necessary to pull in adequate calories.

Cardio: none.

Vido
11-29-2004, 10:48 PM
Make sure you're getting at least 1g protein/lb bodyweight.

Good luck on the cut!

Organichu
11-29-2004, 10:59 PM
Make sure you're getting at least 1g protein/lb bodyweight.

Good luck on the cut!

Thanks, Vido. It's so hard to eat while I'm out because you never know what the vendors are putting in their food; since I only have 45 minutes for lunch, I can't very well go to a restaurant and have a sitdown meal.

I'll try for about 230 grams of protein tomorrow- it should bring my total calories closer to just under 1,000, if not 1,000 exactly.

Frozenmoses
11-30-2004, 12:33 AM
Good luck, buddy. Just stay strong, yo!

Isaac Wilkins
11-30-2004, 02:28 AM
In addition to the protein, make sure to get the EFA's in, too. It's a very restrictive diet, and as such there's a very limited amount of wiggle room.

Organichu
11-30-2004, 04:56 AM
Picking up EFA supplements today.

ryuage
11-30-2004, 04:57 AM
why not bring your luch? being on a psmf it wont be hard... a can of tuna/ a chicken breast/ a protein shake?

galileo
11-30-2004, 06:04 AM
Good luck and keep yourself occupied. I found sleep and shooting pool to be my hunger blockers.

Organichu
11-30-2004, 04:05 PM
why not bring your luch? being on a psmf it wont be hard... a can of tuna/ a chicken breast/ a protein shake?

I'm a student in high school.. do you mean, bring a little bowl and everything? A cooked breast?

I never really thought about bringing anything to school. I'll consider it, and see what would be most convenient. How long does tuna take to go rotten unchilled?

Good luck and keep yourself occupied. I found sleep and shooting pool to be my hunger blockers.

Thanks.

I'm sooo not used to this hunger.. my only experience in serious physical improvement before this was a nonstop bulk.

I went to the drugstore to see if I could get some temporary EFA supplements, and when they didn't have any in stock I almost flipped out. My head is definitely screwed up, and this is just day two.. definitely feeling weak, heh. :)

ryuage
11-30-2004, 04:07 PM
im pretty sure you will be safe in regards to food be spoiled. I always brought lunch when I was in HS... actually brought 3 meals in tupperwear containers or plastic baggies if it was a sandwhich... even had litres of water I lugged around.

Organichu
11-30-2004, 04:14 PM
Alright, awesome. I'll try a little bowl of tuna tomorrow- thanks for the tip!

(if my schoolbag stinks like rotten fish I'll cut you, mang) ;)

mattburns
11-30-2004, 04:41 PM
i use tupperware for tuna and such, and for chicken its easy just wrap it up with ceram-wrap or stick it in a bag like ryu said.

anyhoo, best of luck with the cut :)

Organichu
11-30-2004, 05:57 PM
...I so want to eat two cans of tuna right now to bring up my protein to the right amount.. but I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEED MAYONNAISE. A tablespoon, distributed between two cans is ten grams of fat. 10% bodyfat versus mayo in my tuna.

-think-

Frozenmoses
11-30-2004, 06:25 PM
lol, I know how you feel man. I made the switch to mustard. Tangy tuna: it's a good thing.

Organichu
11-30-2004, 09:44 PM
November 30th, 2004

Meal 1: 1.5 cup roasted white turkey meat.
Meal 2: 2 egg whites.
Meal 3: 1 serving Advant Edge Whey

Calories: 469

GRAMS OF PROTEIN/CARBOHYDRATES/FAT:

87 / 6 / 8

Cardio:
-15 minutes of tough backpacking.
-30 minutes of competitive volleyball.
Calories burned: 270.

Comments: yes, I realize how entirely off my diet is- tomorrow I can't use the "I was full" excuse anymore.. for my size, I really can't be taking in 1100 calories.. over two days. It doesn't seem healthy. ;) I just ordered some Nitrean, so hopefully that'll put an end to my excuses.

Any suggestions about exactly which EFA supplement to get? I remember seeing them in local groceries, but I don't know which is preferable.. are there specific fish oils I should get? Flax?