PDA

View Full Version : Plyometrics for GPP?

bIgHwN86
11-30-2004, 06:36 PM
i was thinking about new ways to get a good GPP workout in. i have no tires and ropes/or wheelbarrels (spell checker?)...and i was thinking about plyometrics like box jumping and all of that stuff...i know that GPP has been milked to death on this forum but i don't think anything about Plyometrics as GPP came about yet..just anyone opinions on plyometrics for GPP..it would be much appreciated..

Paul Stagg
12-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Maybe, alhthough I don't think I would start there.

Think about what GPP is, and why you need it.

Anthony
12-02-2004, 07:03 AM
Go down to your local hardware store and buy some sand bags - they cost about $2. Carry them, throw them, etc. I'd tell you to shovel snow, but I just noticed you're from Hawaii. ;)

Jabberwocky
12-02-2004, 08:36 AM
Try em with a medicine ball maybe?

MixmasterNash
12-02-2004, 10:26 AM
Go down to your local hardware store and buy some sand bags - they cost about $2. Carry them, throw them, etc. I'd tell you to shovel snow, but I just noticed you're from Hawaii. ;)

Sandbags are a new favorite toy of mine. Cheap and easy. Walking with 100lbs on one shoulder, tossing it, etc. is fun.

crazedwombat
12-02-2004, 11:15 AM
never thought about sandbags, badass. shoulders here comes the pain!!

bIgHwN86
12-02-2004, 11:48 AM
well i am going to college in oregon...but no snow still...want to see snow..anyways..sandbags eh..hmmm..give that a try...but would i carry them like how they carry it in the strongman comps..or on my back...damn throwing it..thats goin to be a FUN workout..lookin to it..ok, thanks

Anthony
12-02-2004, 11:54 AM
Carry them over your head, bear hug, on your shoulder, etc. Just use your imagination. ;)

Jabberwocky
12-02-2004, 06:31 PM
Make a home made canvas sand bag though. You can do any regular lift with a sand bag. Lifting with sandbags helps build up your stabilizer muscles. Sandbag tossing, loading, and sandbag deadlift twists are my favorites. There are some excellent training manuals for sandbag training, non weight gpp, gpp, and all kinds of other good stuff at warriorforce.com.