PDA

View Full Version : Night-time calories....

trojan1444
11-30-2004, 10:10 PM
I eat small meals throughout the day when I'm active, but after 6 or 7 I'm usually just sitting around studying or watching TV or something. I still get hungry and need calories to meet my daily requirements, so does it matter that i'm eating small snacks/meals every couple hours in the evening when i'm not being active at all?

I usually eat dinner at around 6pm and have 150-200 calorie snacks/meals at 8, 10 and midnight. Can this still be utilized for muscle or will it just be stored as fat since I'm just sitting around?

Vido
11-30-2004, 10:26 PM
You're fine.

Eddan
12-01-2004, 05:22 AM
Assuming you work out hard, and eat somewhat reasonable, it is just good to have regular snacks throughout the day. Remember, muscles are “built” when you rest, but for that to work the body needs nutrients.

Vido
12-01-2004, 11:58 AM
Assuming you work out hard, and eat somewhat reasonable, it is just good to have regular snacks throughout the day. Remember, muscles are “built” when you rest, but for that to work the body needs nutrients.

You don't even have to workout. Eating 450-600 calories over a 4 hour period in the evening is nothing. Unless that's putting you over your caloric limits for the day, then there's reason it would be a problem.